website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

52 minutes ago, rybak said:

@Wumo With lack of events maybe there should be also prediction contest of tennis US Open? What do you think?

I do have a Tennis US Open prediction contest in mind. :) The upcoming prediction contests will most likely be a Tour de France prediction contest and a Tennis US Open prediction contest. 

I'm not completely sure about what format I would use for the US Open prediction contest?  We do have tennis bracket templates, so we could make a full bracket tournament for both the men's and women's tournaments. User could predict the outcome of the first 4 rounds.

The points system for the first 4 rounds could be something like this

- Correct Winner + Correct Set Score - 2 points

- Correct Winner + Wrong Set Score - 1 points

- Wrong Winner - 0 points

Then from the quarterfinals and onwards, the point system could be like this:

- Correct Winner + Correct Set Score - 5 points

- Correct Winner + Wrong Set Score - 3 points

The users could also be asked to pick/predict the winners in the men's and women's tournaments. Before the start of the first matches users would pick 3 players in both the men's and women's tournaments and rank each. If a user's 1st-ranked player wins, the user will score x-amount of points, or if a user's 2nd- or 3rd-ranked player wins, the user will score x-amount of points. Of course those points would be less than a 1st-ranked player would score. 

However, the issue with having a full bracket tournament contest could be that if a user predicts Player A to go to the 4th round, but he/she loses in the 1st round, the user would already lose many points. And if that happen to many of a user's picks, the user would maybe lose interest in the contest before the next rounds begins.

I would really like some suggestions from the community to a format for a Tennis US Open prediction contest?

Dnia 13.08.2020 o 21:30, Wumo napisał:

I do have a Tennis US Open prediction contest in mind. :) The upcoming prediction contests will most likely be a Tour de France prediction contest and a Tennis US Open prediction contest. 

I'm not completely sure about what format I would use for the US Open prediction contest?  We do have tennis bracket templates, so we could make a full bracket tournament for both the men's and women's tournaments. User could predict the outcome of the first 4 rounds.

The points system for the first 4 rounds could be something like this

- Correct Winner + Correct Set Score - 2 points

- Correct Winner + Wrong Set Score - 1 points

Then from the quarterfinals and onwards, the point system could be like this:

- Correct Winner + Correct Set Score - 5 points

- Correct Winner + Wrong Set Score - 3 points

The users could also be asked to pick/predict the winners in the men's and women's tournaments. Before the start of the first matches users would pick 3 players in both the men's and women's tournaments and rank each. If a user's 1st-ranked player wins, the user will score x-amount of points, or if a user's 2nd- or 3rd-ranked player wins, the user will score x-amount of points. Of course those points would be less than a 1st-ranked player would score. 

However, the issue with having a full bracket tournament contest could be that if a user predicts Player A to go to the 4th round, but he/she loses in the 1st round, the user would already lose many points. And if that happen to many of a user's picks, the user would maybe lose interest in the contest before the next rounds begins.

I would really like some suggestions from the community to a format for a Tennis US Open prediction contest?

I think that this format is the best.