website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

https://totallympics.com/uploads/monthly_2020_08/2020Contest7.png.94148ef7f16a022bb9fb28176c84b27e.png

Prediction Contests Are Just-For-Fun Games

You don't need to be an expert to take part in a Prediction Contest. 

If a mistake penalizes you, always keep in mind that everyone is in good faith.

Road Cycling ASO/UCI Tour De France 2020 Prediction Contest is now open

Deadline is August 29, 14:15 (GMT +2)

Notice! The lists of selected riders for each stage can be affected by some few changes until the start of the contest.  Though, as you can select among all riders, these changes shouldn't have much effect.

@toulousain, @dcro, @Monzanator, @Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo, @Henry_Leon, @Dolby, @ritesh, @africaboy, @Vojthas, @George_D, @Agger, @Pablita, @ady48, @heywoodu, @SteveParker, @Speedy, @hckosice, @JOSE SEIJO, @Federer91, @PakoNatxo, @vinipereira, @Gianlu33, @Ufilov, @NikolaB, @tuniscof, @vlad, @szy123

@Dunadan, @Herberth10, @mihamiha, @MCMXC, @IoNuTzZ, @Wanderer, @Dnl, @SalamAkhi, @Michal Hroch, @anuj, @rybak, @EupenM@Benolympique, @Laraja, @sami-eg, @CCB, @justony, @LDOG, @Chatan, @andreas1990, @Kirkpatrick, @EselTheDonkey, @titicow@Topicmaster1010, @monte88, @Illya

UEFA Champions League and Europe Legue 19/20 Prediction Contest

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wPOL: Monzanator
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wDEN: Agger
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wARG: LDOG

The first prediction contest after a long break due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic

@Monzanatorwins this prediction contest with a solid margin after some solid predictions throughout the contest and some good predictions in the Players' predictions. It's his first gold medal and second medal of this season. A big congratulation to @Monzanator with the victory! :champion::bowdown:

The second place goes to @Agger. He has been in the top of the table in most of the contest, and therefore it's no surprise he ends up with a medal. It's his and :DEN first medal of the year in Totallympics' Prediction Contests.  Congrats with a well-deserved silver medal, @Agger! :thumbup:

The last contestant on the podium in this contest is @LDOG. With a great last day, he narrowly secured the last spot on the podium. This is also his and :ARG first medal of the season. Congrats with the bronze medal, @LDOG! :cheer:

It was so close for both @ady48 and @Gianlu33 to take a medal, as they were only half a point and one point from one. @africaboy was in an equal 2nd place before the last day, but unfortunately he had to see himself drop to 5th place overall in the end.

A huge thanks to all contestants who took part in this first prediction contest after a long break. Hopefully all of you and many more will participate in the upcoming prediction contests. This weekend the Tour De France 2020 Prediction Contest will begin. And in a week the US Open in tennis will start. There will be a prediction contest for it which will open this week. The draw for US Open will be conducted on Thursday, so you can expect the prediction contest will up on Friday. I will maybe update the General Standings and Medal Tables this week. Or maybe they will first be uodated after the next two prediction contests have been completed.

That's all from me, your prediction contest manager, Wumo. :)

robert lewandowski lol GIF by FC Bayern Munich

Taking a quick look at the Tour de France prediction contest, I'm happy to see predictions for stages can be done day-by-day :woohoo: 

Props for that, I'll fill my predictions in soon :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@Wumo Tour de France prediction rules:

about

or write the name and nation of a rider that you believe will be in the Top 3 which is not listed. Notice! It's not an option to write, "Any Other Rider". This will not count and the score of the prediction will be 0 points.

means:

if I wrote 3rd: :NED TOM DUMOULIN  and (finish 3rd) I won >>>2pts

but if I pick :WHT Pick a Non-listed Rider (and one of Non-list finish 3rd)  i won>>> 0 pts

Top 3 predictions

if you change you lost the previous top 3 choice?

You can change only one of  four categories, (i.e only mountains)?

11 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

@Wumo Tour de France prediction rules:

about

or write the name and nation of a rider that you believe will be in the Top 3 which is not listed. Notice! It's not an option to write, "Any Other Rider". This will not count and the score of the prediction will be 0 points.

means:

if I wrote 3rd: :NED TOM DUMOULIN  and (finish 3rd) I won >>>2pts

but if I pick :WHT Pick a Non-listed Rider (and one of Non-list finish 3rd)  i won>>> 0 pts

Yes, if you write/pick Tom Dumoulin for 3rd place and he finishes 3rd on the stage, you will score 2 points. 

And yes, if you pick a non-listed rider, could be any rider who is not listed, you will score 0 points.

Example: :FRA Valentin Madouas from FDJ is not listed, so he could be an option. 

11 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

Top 3 predictions

if you change you lost the previous top 3 choice?

You can change only one of  four categories, (i.e only mountains)?

Yes, after you have changed your predictions the most recent edit/change will count. You can change all FOUR categories/classifications as much as you like in the mentioned time slots: Before Stage 1, on the rest day between Stage 9 and 10 and on the rest day between Stage 15 and 16.

Also, to make the rules of the Tour De France 2020 Prediction Contest clear to everyone

- You predict the top 3 results for each stage

- You pick three riders for each stage. You must write name and nation for each rider for them to count

- You are allowed to change/edit predictions for upcoming stages. But not before an updated provisional standing has been published

- You predict the top 3 for each classification/category, General, Points, Mountains and Youth Rider

- You are only allowed to edit the top 3 classification predictions in these time slots:  Before Stage 1, on the rest day between Stage 9 and 10 and on the rest day between Stage 15 and 16.

- The most recent edit/change to your predictions will count as your official predictions

WIth the first couple of updates of the provisional standing, I will make a following announcement to all contestants stating that they are now allowed to change their Top 3 Stage predictions. I will do this so all contestants can get an idea at which times during the contest they are allowed to change their Top 3 Stage predictions. 

The full official rider list for Tour De France 2020 can be found here

It can be useful for those contestants who want to find riders who aren't on the list of selected riders in the prediction templates.

It must also be stated very clearly. If a contestant writes "pick a non-listed rider" in their Top 3 Stage predictions, it will not count and result in 0 points. Contestants must write a name and nation of a rider for their pick/prediction to count. 

https://totallympics.com/uploads/monthly_2020_08/2020Contest8.png.d03b42fce4f2c94ee90c62b95baaa499.png

Prediction Contests Are Just-For-Fun Games

You don't need to be an expert to take part in a Prediction Contest. 

If a mistake penalizes you, always keep in mind that everyone is in good faith.