website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

hace 1 minuto, mrv86 dijo:

@LDOG do you know if the US decided to send a mixed A/B team in women's hockey.

I know Mexican goalkeeper is a superhero, but only one goal so after two periods.

No, USA simply is significantly weaker than they used to be. Too many young girls. I don't think it will happen but wouldn't be surprised if they finish 4th in this competition, Chile and Canada are on their same level right now.

3 hours ago, hoversaBR said:

Rugby 7s, Beach Volleyball, Basketball 3x3 ... Brazil has the worst psychological in the world. We can only trust that Brazil will win when it definitely wins.

From those, I only expected a bronze in Rugby sevens and maybe a bronze in Beach volleyball. Brazil is either not great at these sports, or have a weak team here (beach volley). You don't get a medal just for showing up.

13 hours ago, dcro said:

Meh. Panama and Suriname took no medals in taekwondo. Nicaragua is losing all of their 1541320 quarterfinals in boxing. And so on.

If I recall correctly, qualification tournament was in Nicaragua, that's how they got so many quotas. Now we see the reality...

35 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

If I recall correctly, qualification tournament was in Nicaragua, that's how they got so many quotas. Now we see the reality...

An AIBA tournament with a bias towards home athletes? No, that would never happen!

1-1 between US and Brazil going into the 3rd period. This is should be a complete kick fest.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela