website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

43 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It could happen, Mexico has been making good on its chances. There's still a lot to go and it could end up coming down to how many gold medals does the United States deny Brazil/Canada or how many golds does Cuba win in boxing.

I agree, but I also think swimming will make a big difference. Mexico is not expected to win any gold medals (or even maybe any medal at all) in swimming, so this sport could define which nation will jump to second place.

Interesting Panamerican Games, what a good tournament for Mexico!!.

Canada will defeat any "gold draw" with all that silvers :lol:

After this results, i have some hope to defeat Colombia.....but is more hope than reality, i admit that.

34 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The baseball venue is amazing!! I have to say the best one at the Pan AMs in history. They are also playing baseball music as well.

TBH most of the venues are really nice. Pretty impressive by Lima as a host so far.

Just now, NearPup said:

TBH most of the venues are really nice. Pretty impressive by Lima as a host so far.

I have thought the exact same thing. The venues have looked world class 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I agree, but I also think swimming will make a big difference. Mexico is not expected to win any gold medals (or even maybe any medal at all) in swimming, so this sport could define which nation will jump to second place.

Totally agree. There are no chance of gold in swimming, and curiously, prospects in diving don't look good either.

I think Mexico can be between 25 and 30 gold medals and challenge Canada for the 4th position. But in all honesty, I think we'll just fend off Colombia for fifth. Among our "secure" medals are racquetball and basque pelota, which should give us around 6-8 more golds, between them. But besides that, our major hopes are women team archery, women trampoline gymnastics, track cycling, group rhythmic gymnastics and that's all.

5 hours ago, LDOG said:

I'm starting to think Mexico can be 3rd or 4th in medal table.

Thanks for the confidence, these past days have been great, but it probably be a good 5th in the end, and a new record in medals, both gold and total, outside Mexican soil.