website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

Good day everyone!

Just to confirm, the templates for the Friday & Saturday matches have been sent to each of you. For all of those who, haven't check your inbox, please do it carefully, as you'll find two different messages:

1)

First message contain your assignments for Quarter-finals, in both, Main and Challenge competitions.

These have the design used so far, so you already know the drill.

You shall respond to this message Thursday, 13th August, before 23:59 (GMT-5). So, the following users please check your inbox as you have little more than a day to give me the results for quarterfinals:

@Quasit @Wanderer @Ionoutz24 @rybak @Cobi @Agger @dezbee2008 @Werloc @justony @dcro @Ashton @Dnl @Wumo @Griff88 @Fly_like_a_don @Vektor @amen09 @Gianlu33 @EupenM @heywoodu @kungshamra71

* @intoronto I made a mistake with one of your matches; see you inbox.

2)

Second messagehas your assignments for Semi-finals, in both, Main and Challenge competitions.

To avoid any spoilers due to the tight schedule, I chose to change the format a bit. As I explain in the message, for each possible combinationyou'll have to pick a winner, like in the following example:

Phase

Match

Possible Combinations Your Winner
Semi-finals Winner 77 v. Winner 78 Cayman Islands v. Fiji Fiji
Cayman Islands v. Uganda Uganda
Turkmenistan v. Fiji Turkmenistan
Turkmenistan v. Uganda Uganda

For semis, I expect your picks before Friday, 14th August, 23:59 (GMT-5).

If you have any questions, please contact me, either by quoting this post, tagging me or by inbox.

I want to acknowledge everyone's input, I appreciate the time you all have invested in this.

Special recognition to Vektor, Wumo, @hckosice, @OlympicIRL& dcro for their valuable help.

Just to clarify I'm expecting to send my results tonight, I've set an alarm for after dinner (which is after work) to listen :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Will there be the 3rd place match within the Challenge Trophy? Since the voting will be open for everyone at that stage, why not?

I didn't include because I thought of doing a format similar to that of Rugby 7's, but I'm not totally opposed to the idea.

2 hours ago, dezbee2008 said:

Maybe we should do this every year, considering how this one went down with surprise results

I’m going to be pretty TISC fatigued when the Open rolls around though. I wouldn’t want my experience of the annual and open ruined by a third contest.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela