website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

This is why I can see major problems for the Olympics in the coming years. Trump has currently been pro - Olympics but if he becomes president again I can certainly see him threatening to ban countires from coming to LA 2028 for political reasons. Ditto all this makes it harder to get a 2030 bid. I can honestly see all three major bids withdrawing soon. 

3 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

This is why I can see major problems for the Olympics in the coming years. Trump has currently been pro - Olympics but if he becomes president again I can certainly see him threatening to ban countires from coming to LA 2028 for political reasons. Ditto all this makes it harder to get a 2030 bid. I can honestly see all three major bids withdrawing soon. 

Sometimes I wonder if you are stupid or if you just want to look stupid.

18 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Ah yes, more Trump & Chinese politics stuff. How I missed that crap in the last two weeks :lol:

The games is boring. Obviously we love to politicalize everything and leverage everything to politics. The earth would not spin anymore without geopolitical battle at any occasion so how can we lose two precious weeks to focus on the sports even as Olympics lovers or journalists.

32 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Trump would not miss the opportunity to hold a “big, beautiful party”.

Also remember when you were convinced prime minister O’Toole would lead :CAN to boycott the games? How did that work out?

• 3 weeks later...

The Western world is in shambles, as all criticism of China have been debunked by "thrilling" Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics: https://www.chinadailyasia.com/article/261860

(I really love Chinese propaganda because it's always so incredibly over the top, like it's target audiences are elementary school kids)

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

The Western world is in shambles, as all criticism of China have been debunked by "thrilling" Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics: https://www.chinadailyasia.com/article/261860

(I really love Chinese propaganda because it's always so incredibly over the top, like it's target audiences are elementary school kids)

No one remember about such criticism any more, Russia is the headline now. 

• 4 weeks later...