website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

2 minutes ago, opruh said:

I'm loving this olympics! 

Me too.  I am so happy we have reached the point where it's about the athletes and the competition and not all the usual negativity which was obviously amped up because of the host nation.  Biathlon last night was incredible.  Hope there's much much more of that!

1 minute ago, Quaker2001 said:

Me too.  I am so happy we have reached the point where it's about the athletes and the competition and not all the usual negativity which was obviously amped up because of the host nation.  Biathlon last night was incredible.  Hope there's much much more of that!

Biathlon WAS NOT incredible. Leaving aside the fact that the athletes did not know the shooting range, we are talking about a race with climatic conditions at the limit. It was absolutely not a good show from the point of view of respecting the athletes. But at least it was entertaining and fun to see on TV

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Biathlon WAS NOT incredible. Leaving aside the fact that the athletes did not know the shooting range, we are talking about a race with climatic conditions at the limit. It was absolutely not a good show from the point of view of respecting the athletes. But at least it was entertaining and fun to see on TV

The finish was pretty incredible.  Yea, the range was a total mess and the weather played a major factor, but yes my point was that it was entertaining and fun.  If respect for the athletes was important, we'd be talking about these Olympics in Norway.

14 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I honestly can't understand how to love a winter Olympics done only on artificial snow.

Winter is all about cold temperature, snow is optional.       

Plus it's a matter of having your own opinion, for me I loved this games already after seeing the venues.                                                                 I'm extremely stressed right now so olympics is one of those things that makes me feel happy these days. 

30 minutes ago, opruh said:

Winter is all about cold temperature, snow is optional.       

Plus it's a matter of having your own opinion, for me I loved this games already after seeing the venues.                                                                 I'm extremely stressed right now so olympics is one of those things that makes me feel happy these days. 

Well, unless we’re talking about sports that take place exclusively on snow. It’s a little more necessary then :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

My main complain is actually OBS. They had some really odd camera angles in moguls, luge and cross country and some notable TV graphic mistakes all over the place.

Maybe it's just me, but the video at short track seems way too bright.  Feels like a lot of venues have been like that.  We all know ice is white, but most of the time it's not this bad.

6 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Maybe it's just me, but the video at short track seems way too bright.  Feels like a lot of venues have been like that.  We all know ice is white, but most of the time it's not this bad.

Ya, I felt the same thing.

I am guessing broadcasting is a big challenge due to COVID. As mentioned earlier in the thread Tokyo had big problems too, and I don't remember any of that being an issue in Rio or Pyeongchang.