website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

Record 55 positives today. I guess the most worrying fact is that almost half of these come from those who were already in the village....

Rumour has it there is a secret set number of positive tests allowed beyond which the Olympics will get cancelled...

#banbestmen

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

Record 55 positives today. I guess the most worrying fact is that almost half of these come from those who were already in the village....

Rumour has it there is a secret set number of positive tests allowed beyond which the Olympics will get cancelled...

Maybe @Vic Liucould confirm any of these rumours? .... Anyways I doubt the cancellation..... Like Junior WCH in ice hockey. Cancelled after a few days..... It has started so I highly doubt they quit half way....

9 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Maybe @Vic Liucould confirm any of these rumours? .... Anyways I doubt the cancellation..... Like Junior WCH in ice hockey. Cancelled after a few days..... It has started so I highly doubt they quit half way....

Yeah, it would probably have to turn into something like the junior hockey worlds (complete teams withdrawing).

#banbestmen

14 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

The number is correct. The breakdown is as below

Upon Arrival:

Athletes and team staff:13

Others:16

Positive rate:29/753=3.85%

Inside the closed-loop

Athletes and team staff:13

Others:13

Positive rate:26/67137=0.04%

https://www.beijing2022.cn/wog/wap.htm#/20220203001484/20220203001484

The Beijing committee website updates the Covid numbers daily, usually at 11am Beijing time.

Fun Fact :

4  :SVK Referees and Officials will participate at the Games. :p

Nikoleta Celárová (Ice Hockey - Referee) btw she played at the Olympics in Vancouver 2010 as player in our National Team, In PC 2018 and now she was and is referee. what a story :d

Alexandra Valachová (Short Track) will be the head video jury referee assistant.

Radovan Šimočko (Biathlon) will be course referee and Ivor Lehoťan (Biathlon) will be one of the appeal and disciplinary Jury members

+ Oto Haščák (Ice Hockey) will be a member of the mens tournament directoriate, but all 12 teams must have one there.

Remove. She had positive test and will not officiate in Beijing :(

Our hockey team finally landed in the current Olympics capital...

Now waiting in the special waiting rooms for the welcoming PCR testing ceremony results...

Jesus Christ ! Allah ! Budha ! Jehovah ! Hallowed are the Ori ! However you have the results on your hand, Please Please Please do not allow the disaster :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, dcro said:

But I would make a clear distinction again. Only the indoor competitions in Beijing should be really problematic. 
I don't see any increased risk of infection at the outdoor competitions in Yanqing and Zhangjiakou, and so far there have probably been fewer positive cases than in ice hockey, for example. Therefore, I would be surprised to see a complete cancellation, but rather in the sports in Beijing.