website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

On 16/07/2021 at 17:47, hckošice said:

Next week (next Thursday) we will know if the NHLers will play at the Olympics. NHL will release its next season schedule, they are working now with 2 versions, one with a 2 week break (for Olympics) and one without break (No Olympics)...

IOC agreed to pay 11 millions for the insurance and travel costs, NHL now stepped back because fear of coronavirus and eventual quarantine of infected players returning from China...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-nhls-olympic-participation-stands-off-season-begins/

The hope is back alive.

According some sources the final NHL schedule is set and include a Olympic break from 5th-22nd February !!! 

Now lets hope it is true, NHL will officially release the schedule on Thursday

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, intoronto said:

What's the general tone in this article? It's one of those paywall things sadly, but I'm rather curious.

Edit: Never mind, I think it's available for free here :p 

"Board sports, such as tobogganing" :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think the NHL will pull out of allowing their players to go to Beijing for both Covid and China reasons. With calls to boycott the games growing I suspect they will not want to get involved. 

please, stop trolling again!!! :wall:

they already released their calendar with a pause between February 2nd through February 23rd, which means they want the NHL players to go there (for obvious marketing reasons)...

the only thing that could stop the NHL players before flying to China is a general boycott by the USA + Canada (or the Olympics being cancelled), otherwise everything is already set up for the big show of the year 2022...

The Chinese Ice Hockey team just went to Russia and supposed to be trained and attend KHL and WHL there until the WOG. They are weak but at least they are training hard. And sorry to @hckošice it's very unlikely to see men's team's withdrawal now.:p