website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

https://totallympics.com/uploads/monthly_2021_02/2021Contest4.png.f2c4cc22064125dffb35dec15ac77697.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wITA: Gianlu33
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg  :wBUL: Federer91 
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wPOL: Speedy

A busy February for the predictors has reached its end. With the Nordic Skiing World Championships prediction contest now completed, the three medallists for this contest can now get honoured. The three medallists are @Gianlu33, @Federer91 and @Speedy. Big congratulation to all three medallists.

On top of the podium is @Gianlu33. As the only predictor reaching a three-digit total with an impressive 103 points in total and only one of four predictors to have two perfect predictions through the contest. It's his first medal of 2021 and Italy's second gold medal already. A huge congratulation with the gold medal. Well-deserved! :champion:

In second and securing the silver medal is @Federer91. Him and Gianlu33 was in a fierce battle for the gold medal with switching between which of the two who was on top. In the end it was just not enough for our Bulgarian predictor to be the victor in this battle. Still a very good contest overall with solid predictions and a well-earned silver medal. First of the season for him and Bulgaria. Congrats with the silver medal. :thumbup:

Last spot on the podium goes to  @Speedy. After a successful Alpine Skiing prediction contest which ended with a gold medal, he can now proudly receive yet another medal as the first predictor to do so in 2021. It was a close race for the last spot on the podium between many predictors before the final day. With scoring four points and having two perfect predictions and most gold medals amongst all in the contest, it was Speedy who secured the bronze medal by beating @ady48 in a tie-break. Congratulation with the bronze medal. :hatoff:

Honourable mentions will this time go to these three predictors, @ady48, @Henry_Leon and @IoNuTzZ. With five points on the final day, it was almost enough to grab a medal for ady48. But as mentioned above he just missed it due to tie-break rules. However, a very contest for the established Totallympics predictor. In 5th place comes @Henry_Leon. Another very solid contest for the Italian and a very good start to the 2021-season. Might be one of the names to look for in top of the Individual General Standing. The last honourable mention goes to another Romanian predictor, @IoNuTzZ. Despite being one of the few in the top 10 without a single perfect predictions, he scored enough points throughout the contest to get a 6th-place and end in the top of the contest overall.

Lastly, thank you to all who participated in this prediction contest. The prediction contests will take a break for the next couple of weeks, but we will be back with the Figure Skating World Championships prediction contest in the end of March. While on the subject, I would like to ask you, the Totalympians, for some help with making the entry lists for this contest. It would be around 12-14 favourites for each event and I would highly appreciate if someone here on the forum would be willing to give some of their time to helping me. You can send me a PM if you are interested to help. Any help I can get would be eminently appreciated. Last thing from me is that the General Standing and Medal Tables will be updated either tomorrow or on Wednesday. There have also been a slight change in the calendar as the Women's Ice Hockey World Championship has been moved to the beginning of May instead of April.

That's all from me, your prediction contest manager, Wumo. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Can I edit prediction of Men's free skating and overall after short program finished and before free skating started? Or I have to finish all prediction before March 24, 10:00?

All predictions have to/must be made before the first event of the championships (i.e. Ladies' Short Program) begins on March 24, 10:00 (GMT +1).