website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 more bronze for (:GUA) in Squash, first medals in this sport for Guatemala. 

Another good chance of medal in Sailing, and maybe Speed Skating and Karate. 

3rd best result for :GUA by total medals. Also 3rd best by gold and bronze medals, and second best by silver medals, so far.

4th games in a row with 10 or more total medals. 

:PAN wins their first gold medal of the Games in bowling. It was a good day for the smaller NOCs.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just found out Chile will play the women's football final without a natural Goalkeeper because the two they had have been called back by their european clubs. They knew Endler was leaving but were confident the substitute would be granted permission to stay but nope.

Incredible mismanagement from the coach. 

2 more medals, a Silver and a Bronze in Women´s Wrestling. But also 2 frustrating 4th places in Athletics W 200m and W 4x100 relay during Day 13

4 - 9 - 13

Medals of the Day

Jacqueline Mollocana,

Freestyle Wrestling W -50kg Silver

Luisa Valverde,

Freestyle Wrestling W -57kg Bronze

F99vY-jWYAA1Qyl?format=jpg&name=mediumF99ynb0XkAAxI-s?format=jpg&name=900x900

Hi folks! Here I'm at Santiago de Chile.

I've been to athletics, gymnastics and field hockey. Sadly I saw not a single Uruguayan competitor.

The Estadio Nacional has a white coat of paint, but is otherwise in bad shape. The rhythmic gymnastics venue looks pretty, but accessibility is bad and there were roof leaks.

The field hockey field is fine. However I missed a full quarter of Arg-Can trying to buy two drinks, as the venue had just two payment machines and one didn't work - it would have been much faster to walk 150m to the fan zone and return.

After I got the drinks, the main grandstand was full. I walked to the north stands, where the net made it impossible to take photos. On top of that, a rather rude volunteer didn't let me take photos from the corner, despite being 5m above the field.

Nothing unexpected I guess. Let's cross finger for tomorrow at La Pintana...