website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The “easy way” to fix some of that would be to cut down on the number of duplicate races, namely the m/w 4x400m. You could save some quotas that way too.

4x400 M & W relays are the "blue ribbon" of athletics team events. Like the eights in rowing or 50 km in cross country. Of course IOC for instance is doing everything to cut the quotas down but this is the athletics world championships so it makes sense for WA to expand the number of events and athletes tbh.

Many teams have real depth among 400m so it would be crazy to cut down the number of athletes. I know saving quotas is the new trend in all of sports but sometimes less doesn't mean better :evil:

6 hours ago, hckošice said:

Czech commentator going all nuts :roflmao:

what a result for :CZE ! :yes

Damn it. And I could not see it live. Was deep night in China. Around 4 a.m. .... But this is an amazing achievement. I believed they could fight for a medal as having WL time this season. But after the heats, I started to doubt 🧐🧐. But in the final, they generally kept 4th spots the whole race, almost. But what happened to Bol and Hassan, it is hard to believe. Both :NED , this must bring a lot of desperation to Dutch fans.....

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The “easy way” to fix some of that would be to cut down on the number of duplicate races, namely the m/w 4x400m. You could save some quotas that way too.

Or, crazy idea, we could get rid of the mixed 4x400m.

15 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Or, crazy idea, we could get rid of the mixed 4x400m.

I really don’t see what everyone dislikes about it. It’s just like the other relays. Plus, like I said above, it could help save quotas in the long run. 

I really think gendered relays should be dropped from multi-sports games when/where possible. There’s too many “relay only” athletes who take up quotas that could be used elsewhere.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela