website statistics

Athletics at the European Games 2023

Totallympics

Don’t think we’ll see any medalists from today’s events from Division 3. A couple might be able to sneak onto the podium from Division 2.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Bearas said:

This is it peeps, simulation after Day 1

Place Nation Sim Score Score change
1 HUN 423 -4
2 UKR 405.5 -1.5
3 SLO 379.5 2.5
4 ROU 346 2
5 LTU 330 17
6 CRO 295.5 -6.5
7 SRB 281 -15
8 SVK 278.5 10.5
9 LAT 274 -3
10 DEN 274 -16
11 EST 268 -4
12 CYP 262 -16
13 ISL 244 2
14 BUL 242 25
15 LUX 185 4
16 MDA 128 0

:BUL almost out of relegation position! Big improvement by  :LTU:SVK , Underperformances by :DEN:CYP:SRB - all driven by DQs/NMs/Falls

You mean to tell me that Serbia is only -15 after today's disasters in the projection? :p

As for Lithuania, I think our first day must've been our worst, so to see that we're doing better than "expected" is already good enough.

Since Morauskaitė is probably half of this score change, I assume that Matusevičius with his 71 meter SB could be another positive change if he were to throw an 80+

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

You mean to tell me that Serbia is only -15 after today's disasters in the projection? :p

As for Lithuania, I think our first day must've been our worst, so to see that we're doing better than "expected" is already good enough.

Since Morauskaitė is probably half of this score change, I assume that Matusevičius with his 71 meter SB could be another positive change if he were to throw an 80+

Yep. Scoring 0 in TJ haven't done much damage to Serbia as they were meant to finish 12th anyway :raspberry:

Lithuania's biggest hit will be day 3 as 4/11 podiums expected that day. Anyway, let's not get excited, you know that TeamLTU will collect bunch of 0 after our relays get's disqualified once again :d

12 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

In the Pole Vault showdown of the ex-:YUG:MKD DNS:MNE NM, so I’m calling :MNE for the win.

:MKD got put in the sin bin for that one. Link: https://results.european-games.org/pdf/EG2023/ATH/EG2023_ATH_C67_ATH------------------------------22.pdf

In fairness to the organizers, pole vault/triple jump isn’t one of the more common doubles for an athlete to attempt :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

At least we know how they lost one spectator now @Vojthas :p

Only athletics and beach handball are scheduled for today. I postponed my trip to the Silesian Stadium for the first day of athletics. I will drop by when the Poles start (June 23-25).

Link (in Polish): http://radiogol.pl/felieton/dobrze-jest-bawimy-sie-krakowski-bohater-dnia/