website statistics

Athletics at the European Games 2023

Totallympics

A pet peeve of mine, whenever i see such empty stands.. Don't know why the host doesn't organize school field trips. Like how many schools are there in Krakow, 20? You can bring children from age 8 to 15 and make it a mandatory sports going. The parents can come too. Then you have these children watch some semi-professional sport and there is some attendance...

Nikodemas survived 4.70, but it won't make a difference unless he PB's with a 4.90 now somehow.

Valinčius underperformed in my eyes. 

100 metres won't be kind to us either though :(  Takes me back to Grinčikaitė and Sakalauskas days where 100 metres was where we got our huge points. 

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

A pet peeve of mine, whenever i see such empty stands.. Don't know why the host doesn't organize school field trips. Like how many schools are there in Krakow, 20? You can bring children from age 8 to 15 and make it a mandatory sports going. The parents can come too. Then you have these children watch some semi-professional sport and there is some attendance...

:MLT did a great job of getting school kids out to the venues for the GSSE. Definitely something that should be done regularly. You could tell how cool it was for them.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

It's a bit more difficult to have something mandatory for school, in sports, and during the Summer holidays. 

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Alan Černý with a new PB 4.90 :yes

another debutant. 3 debutants in :SVK team today set new personal best

Can't relate.

What's a PB? We only reach those in 2nd rate Lithuanian competitions. 

5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

something which slovak athletes are famous by making only in their debuts :p

I hope we can reach one one day...

One SB from a runner that hasn't ran this year is the heist of the day :)