website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I'm not sure how many more qualifying events there are before the Olympic ranking list closes on 3rd December but the final event is the World Grand Prix final where most of the remaining points are at stake.

"All athletes will get ranking points. The points will be reflected on WT World Ranking and WT Olympic Ranking. The ranking points per winners of the competition shall be allocated as follows."

1st  – 100.00 pts

2nd – 60.00

3rd – 36.00

4th – 21.60

5th – 15.12

9th – 10.58

Opportunities still exist for athletes to get themselves into a qualifying spot, particularly as there are some really close battles for qualification in some of the weight classes.

http://m.worldtaekwondo.org/competition/view.html?nid=140620&mcd=D32&sc=in

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 4:14 PM, Nickyc707 said:

I'm not sure how many more qualifying events there are before the Olympic ranking list closes on 3rd December but the final event is the World Grand Prix final where most of the remaining points are at stake.

"All athletes will get ranking points. The points will be reflected on WT World Ranking and WT Olympic Ranking. The ranking points per winners of the competition shall be allocated as follows."

1st  – 100.00 pts

2nd – 60.00

3rd – 36.00

4th – 21.60

5th – 15.12

9th – 10.58

Opportunities still exist for athletes to get themselves into a qualifying spot, particularly as there are some really close battles for qualification in some of the weight classes.

yes only one final event grand prix at manchester (2 - 3 december)

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

:FRA has chosen the following categories (Host country)

men -58 kg and -68kg

women -67 kg and +67 kg

https://www.fftda.fr/fr/3/id/4253

What does it mean? I try to explain. French are in ranking in some categories. If one or more of them take quota?

1 hour ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

What does it mean? I try to explain. French are in ranking in some categories. If one or more of them take quota?

For every athlete per gender qualified through the rankings, France will see a decrease in its host quotas. Currently, France has athletes in world ranking qualifying positions in women's -67kg and +67kg. They will qualify through the rankings and the host quotas will be reallocated as tripartite quotas.

This also means unless there's a last minute shuffle in the rankings the men's -58kg and -68kg will not award tripartite quotas.

On 11/12/2023 at 3:14 PM, Nickyc707 said:

1st  – 100.00 pts

2nd – 60.00

3rd – 36.00

4th – 21.60

5th – 15.12

9th – 10.58

If I've calculated this right; the following quotas are basically mathematically safe already - there are a handy handful who would need to be monumentally unlucky to be squeezed down to 6th, or out of 6th where Grand Slam comes into play, GBR, UZB and KOR in W=67 for example, but mathemtically they aren't, I think guaranteed top 5 in the rankings even with a hundred points:

M - 58  :TUN :ESP :KOR 

M - 68  :UZB :GBR :TUR

M - 80  :USA :ITA

M + 80 :CIV :MEX :CRO

W - 49 :TUR :ESP :CRO :THA

W - 57 :CHN :GBR :CAN

W - 67 :FRA :JOR :BEL

W +67 :FRA :TUR

looking at the preliminary start list for the Final GP, Iran registered only 3 athletes :facepalm: the rest are probably preparing for the Grand Slam and apparently our federation thinks Nahid Kiani is already 100% safe and doesn't need to participate :facepalm: (which is wrong, she is 99% qualified but not 100%)

our 58kg who is in a close race for the quota is a bit injured, but if he gets lucky even going to this GP and winning the first round (or even losing it) might be enough for him.

but at the moment I'm only worried about the notorious host country, they denied visa last year but that was just another Grand Prix, this one is the final grand Prix. the most important tournament in this 4 year qualification cycle. WT can't stay idle and do nothing if it happens again (oh yes they can and they will. the world is not fair)

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

For every athlete per gender qualified through the rankings, France will see a decrease in its host quotas. Currently, France has athletes in world ranking qualifying positions in women's -67kg and +67kg. They will qualify through the rankings and the host quotas will be reallocated as tripartite quotas.

This also means unless there's a last minute shuffle in the rankings the men's -58kg and -68kg will not award tripartite quotas.

so 2 tripartite quotas for men -80 and +80kg and in the 4 categories for women?