website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, Mateus Nagime said:

Guys, last minute question. How many points does the Grand Slam next week offers? In the 80kg, for instance, I see the Iranian is leader with 750, but can a champion take the place?

and just to clarify, since the official document is not very clear, only the ones not qualified through the ranking are eliegible, right? thanks!

I believe only the winner of the Grand Slam is eligible. Should the winner already be qualified the quota goes to the 6th ranked person.

3 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

I think Cunningham has already done enough to qualify. All his closest rivals lost early too. Three of the four semi-finalists could overtake him but only if they win and he can afford to drop one spot. Just a cursory look but I think he's okay.

Age is on McGowan's side and the writing has perhaps been on the wall for Cook (Walkden) for the past two years with her rival picking up podium finishes at the 2022 and 2023 World Champs.

Yep, just did the numbers - Cunningham in comfortably, McGowan about 60 points clear of Cook. Jones had a rather hand 107 pts lead on 6th so she was already safe. Sinden long since safe. Barring injury, I think that's your four, with potentially Cook and Powell on standby.

1 hour ago, Mateus Nagime said:

Guys, last minute question. How many points does the Grand Slam next week offers? In the 80kg, for instance, I see the Iranian is leader with 750, but can a champion take the place?

and just to clarify, since the official document is not very clear, only the ones not qualified through the ranking are eliegible, right? thanks!

Rule 6.4 in this document on WT site confirms the Olympic spot only goes to Grand Slam series winner if they have not already qualified through ranking - no reallocation from Grand Slam 2nd, etc.  

http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/viewer_pdf/external/pdfjs-2.1.266-dist/web/viewer.html?file=http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/att_file/documents/WT-Standing-Procedures-For-Grand-Slam-Champions-Series(01162023).pdf

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

have to correct myself. they received the visa last night, Saturday evening. after their competition

by my count H-Mousaei is only 6pts behind the 6th guy from Ireland. so only 10pts of participation would be enough for him to at least be in 6th place position which I believe in this weight might be enough for the quota. if WT was even half decent they had to give at least those 10pts to the Iranians. but of course I know only certain countries can have those kind of privileges.

Not sure your numbers are right. Woolley came here with a 16 pt lead over the Iranian and picked up another 15 pts by reaching the quarter-final.

26 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Not sure your numbers are right. Woolley came here with a 16 pt lead over the Iranian and picked up another 15 pts by reaching the quarter-final.

No, Woolley was behind iranian guy in the Olympic ranking , around 8 points behind.

2 hours ago, Mateus Nagime said:

Winner of qualification tournament gets 120 points, winner of Grand Slam 1000. 
in total an athlete could win 1120 points. 

theoretically an athlete who didn’t participate in March could still win the quota. 

to get the quota you have to be first in Grand Slam ranking. If the leader is already qualified quota goes to the 6th in the Olympic ranking. 

Edited by prso1000

2 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Thanks. I was going by the rankings as they were on 8/11/23. I guess they must have been updated since then.

They are anyway not correct as results from previous Nov and Dec events still need to be partially deducted. 

wolley was behind. The Iranian guy was taken over by two guys and dropped from 5th to 7th. 

22 hours ago, Josh said:

Olympic Ranking Quotas PT 1 (I’m rushing this, so if I’ve made a mistake feel free to let me know)

sorry but your scores are all wrong :d this is not how you should calculate it. but the most important thing is the top 5 and they are all correct (the order is not in some weights)

Grand Prix Finals (:GBR Manchester)

Day #2 Medallists

men's +80kg

Gold: :CIV Cheikh Sallah Cissè

Silver: :BRA Maicon Siqueira

Bronze: :ESP Ivan Garcia Martinez

women's -67kg

Gold: :BEL Sarah Chaari

Silver: :CHN Zhang Mengyu

Bronze: :JOR Julyana Al-Sadeq

women's +67kg

Gold: :KOR Lee Dabin