website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

:BRA & :GER have a reallocation of quota due to the places of the host country of France in -67 and +67 kg ??

No, they are reallocated as tripartite quotas. Only if they are not awarded they will be given to the next ranked nation in the Olympic Rankings.

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

No, they are reallocated as tripartite quotas. Only if they are not awarded they will be given to the next ranked nation in the Olympic Rankings.

thank you for the info because I am updating the TEAM SIZES post and I made mistakes

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 4:24 PM, JoshMartini007 said:

I come to this because I still don't fully understood what happened here  :lol:

Either they already knew there would be no tripartite athletes on those weights

or they hadn't read it properly their own documents and invited the NOCs...

or they had already selected the 4 tripartite athletes and decided that's that, no more quotas to Universality.

13 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

:NZL will not compete at The Oceania Qualifiers as NZNOC does not recognise the body. This can be confirmed on Facebook page of Oceania Takewondo Union.

Unfortunate, but I believe that’ll mean :TGA:GUM:PNG will have more of a chance at a quota now? :mumble:

Edit: I completely forgot about the max four weight-classes, and Australia can’t qualify in all of them so 1-2 of them should secure a quota.

Edited by Josh

30 minutes ago, Josh said:

Unfortunate, but I believe that’ll mean :TGA:GUM:PNG will have more of a chance at a quota now? :mumble:

Edit: I completely forgot about the max four weight-classes, and Australia can’t qualify in all of them so 1-2 of them should secure a quota.

But they need min. 4 participants per weight class otherwise the quota is reallocated

8 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

When was this rule started? It never existed before 

I don’t know if it existed in 2020. I only recall that in 2020 one Oceania quota was reallocated. 

the 4 min participants it’s additionally defined as the 4 need to fight and pass the weight in etc, registering is not enough 

in my opinion fair rule. And now NZL being out it could become tricky in some categories. 

Edited by prso1000