website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2020

Totallympics

23 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

What do you think - will Kolesnikov break WR in 100 back this week?

Definitely on the table. At the Russian trials he swam 24.08 and 52.24, so if his improvement in the 50 back translates, he should be able to go 51.6. I just wonder if he will be able to replicate those performances (or even improve on them) in Tokyo.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I am very happy about that Németh finally went under 48, I think even he didn't expect it before the ECh that he will be already able to do it here, before the Games. This is the first time ever that a time under 48 wasn't enough for the medal at the ECh in men's 100m freestyle. 

HUGE NR for Apostolos Christou in the 100 backstroke! He was first in the semifinals with 52.77. The previous record was 53.03 from Grigoriadis. Christou's previous personal record was 53.23.

Christou won bronze in this event in 2016 and in 2018 again, hopefully now he can change the colour of the medal.

24 minutes ago, Agger said:

Damn, Julie Kepp is consistent on that 50m backstroke! :p

I was scrolling through the results just now  and came here to see if anyone else had noticed. :d

28,01 in the semi-finals, then 28,01 in the swim-off and then 28,01 in the final. That’s impressively consistent. 

7 hours ago, dodge said:

I forgot the auto qualifiers in 4x200m!  So of course Ireland can't catch :ISR and :POL !!

Anyway here's the rankings for those not qualified

1 :HUN 7:07:67 *

:FRA 7:10:44

3 :IRL 7:12:73

4 :BEL 7:12:99

5 :NZL 7:13:06

6 :ESP 7:13:08

*I assume that the time earned by the team "Magyar Valogatott" can count for :HUN If not, then they're they're now behind everybody. Perhaps one of our Hungarian posters would know for sure.

:FRA and :IRL improve their times but not their position.

If 2 countries currently outside the top 15 in the world don't beat 7:12:00 then Ireland will send it's first swimming relay team to the Olympics since 1972

3 minutes ago, dodge said:

:FRA and :IRL improve their times but not their position.

If 2 countries currently outside the top 15 in the world don't beat 7:12:00 then Ireland will send it's first swimming relay team to the Olympics since 1972

Do you know who are the main contenders for the ranking slots outside of Europe?