website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

Fun fact:

Last time in Eugene 22 :SWE Johansson did qualify to the final as last 12 with mark 18.57

This Time in Budapest 23 :SWE Johansson is first to miss the final with mark 18.57

Edited by hckošice

I really don't like Coe as the leader of the athletic association. It's a shame there's nobody who even dares to challenge him. I think with him in charge athletics have regressed. He has some good ideas but for some reason he only implements the bad ones like cutting the 50k race walk. I he cuts "less" popular events (let's be real he's talking about field events), then I suspect this could go down the way where we see two different championships one day. One for track and one for field events. 

Can not remember a more boring athletics session than this morning, even at times wehere there were much less events.

The guy who invented the schedule for this Saturday morning will hopefully sign a contract soon with IOC, that would only fit with the idiotic way IOC is conducting its Olympics schedule policy

Now that the Worlds is in its final stages I just want to say: I would have never ever expected to see this many spectators in Hungary for athletics. I mean, look at how many people are in the stadium for a morning session of decathlon when we don't even have a Hungarian in decathlon. The organizers went above and beyond to market this event to the public and it clearly payed off in a country that never had any big traditions in athletics beyond hammer throw. It's the ultimate proof that Hungarians like big sport events and they show up in big numbers even when we don't have a star on the level of Katinka Hosszú or Kristóf Milák. 

Edited by Vektor

Right, Neugebauer has dropped the fight for gold now..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Can not remember a more boring athletics session than this morning, even at times wehere there were much less events.

The guy who invented the schedule for this Saturday morning will hopefully sign a contract soon with IOC, that would only fit with the idiotic way IOC is conducting its Olympics schedule policy

Yeah, for people who aren't too interested in the decathlon this isn't a great session. Personally I am actually very happy with it, so often the decathlon has to make do with like 5 minutes of attention in between replays of heats where people run 11.50 in a 100m and qualifyings of triple jumps of 13 meters or something, so great to finally see some full decathlon action :cheer:

Plus there already was the marathon, I've been entertained with athletics already since I woke up, it's something else than all the field stuff being ignored because of a billion running heats :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, for people who aren't too interested in the decathlon this isn't a great session. Personally I am actually very happy with it, so often the decathlon has to make do with like 5 minutes of attention in between replays of heats where people run 11.50 in a 100m and qualifyings of triple jumps of 13 meters or something, so great to finally see some full decathlon action :cheer:

Plus there already was the marathon, I've been entertained with athletics already since I woke up :d 

Well, good for you then.

Decathlon for me is not anymore that special event what it used to be. Lost my interest a while ago. W Shot Put qualifiers are not particularly my highlight event of the athletics circuit neither. I found myself many times just surfing around the web than really noticing what is happening at the stadium this morning

Edited by hckošice