website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

It's one of the best from a casual viewer's perspective, which I think was the goal here. Basically have everything interesting in a 3-hour window every day in the evening, this way the Worlds have an easier time to fight for the attention of the public. I mean, even 3 hours are too long for most people these days, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the evening sessions will be crammed into two hours like the Diamond League. 

The morning sessions are easiest to watch in East Asia and Oceania. I've only watched replays of the evening sessions.

Edited by dullard

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:LAT Agate Caune withdraws from the 5000 final. :BDI Niyomkunzi gets the replacement spot.

Oh no, she had such a great heat :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

It's one of the best from a casual viewer's perspective, which I think was the goal here. Basically have everything interesting in a 3-hour window every day in the evening, this way the Worlds have an easier time to fight for the attention of the public. I mean, even 3 hours are too long for most people these days, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the evening sessions will be crammed into two hours like the Diamond League. 

Yes, for casual viewers it's better, but not for the people who want to watch as much as possible. There are a billion other ways they could make the viewing experience better (for example don't take 1 hour to introduce all the athletes before every race, don't allow throwing/jumping disciplines to take 10 hours, don't just randomly change the rules halfway through the competition (Swoboda), don't just randomly sent athletes/teams to the final (Germany in women's 4 x 100 m relay), don't allow athletes to decide themselves if they want to compete for medals or get them for free (women's pole vault), don't have absurd height progressions in jumping competitons (for example in men's high jump)).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 hours ago, Josh said:

What are you talking about? That was an excellent time for him.

Not saying it was bad, but his hurdles race was decent. Nothing great, nothing terrible, but it did help Neugebauer's damage being limited. Of course that was before Neugebauer started really letting it down in the next events :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!