website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Russia-Ukraine War

Totallympics

I remember you sharing some posts about this @hckošice. Quite a story. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I remember you sharing some posts about this @hckošice. Quite a story. 

Yeah, he was not the only one btw, a lot of kids crossed (are still crossing) the borders alone, some of them have no parents or relatives anymore and will end in orphanage here, the luckiest ones will be adopted.

Fuck this war of one sick psychopath whom everyone is afraid of him.

01/04/22: In response to the war, Lithuania are the first EU country among Gazprom's supply countries to gain independence from Russian gas supplies, Lithuania no longer orders Russian gas and no longer plans to pay for it. Country been operating without Russian gas import since beginning of the month and completely fulfilling countries' needs via Klaipeda's LNG terminal named INDEPENDENCE, also supplying requirements for Latvia's and Estonia's transition systems. In addition, from 1st of May, Lithuania and Poland will join their gas transmission systems with first pipeline between two countries to connect Baltic states with European grids.

tweet from Lithuanian president G. Nauseda:

02/04/22: Latvia and Estonia announced following the same path and immediately stopped any Russian gas imports

S Fourcade 14.gif

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb4h75ztUVt/

Don't know why Instagram posts aren't properly embedding anymore btw.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

S Fourcade 14.gif

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb4h75ztUVt/

Don't know why Instagram posts aren't properly embedding anymore btw.

It still works. You need to click the “Source” button at the top left of your message and copy the embed link there.

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

Looks like Slovakia is the first one to fall under the Putin's ultimatum on gas.

One would expect this to be impossible after 1968 etc, but there you go....

All will fall. Orbán just won an election with a landslide and his #1 message was that he will ensure that Hungarians will get their cheap gas from Russia. People are waaaay too selfish to sacrifice their own comfort, decades of failed green politics already made this clear. 

18 minutes ago, dcro said:

Looks like Slovakia is the first one to fall under the Putin's ultimatum on gas.

One would expect this to be impossible after 1968 etc, but there you go....

No worries, Will not happen. :d  We already payed two days ago in Euro.

PM also immediately after that mind eclipse of the minister of Economy, called him and kinda explained him that 1+1 is 2  :lol:. Then announced that Slovakia will never pay in Rubels, if Putin want Rubels he can exchange the Euros in Moscow if he want them so much.

And the poor minister himself today already stated in his social media that we will never pay in Rubels.

so case closed, too much drama because of one minister acting in TV like freshly arrived from lobotomy :p

https://www.aktuality.sk/clanok/Hz4btWh/heger-reagoval-na-sulika-rusky-plyn-budeme-nakupovat-jednotne-s-krajinami-europskej-unie/

8 minutes ago, Vektor said:

All will fall. Orbán just won an election with a landslide and his #1 message was that he will ensure that Hungarians will get their cheap gas from Russia. People are waaaay too selfish to sacrifice their own comfort, decades of failed green politics already made this clear. 

Well, I have my hopes for the LNG terminal 30 mins away from my home (not that I am using or would ever use gas at home, but alright). :p

#banbestmen