website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

57 minutes ago, Quasit said:

And of course both Kazakhs lost to Russia. :d

Not a good championship for Armenia and South Korea it seems but Aleksanyan and Kim Hyeon-woo are still to come.

How come the US team is so weak at Greco-Roman?

interesting that both of them were quite unknown before today ! I believe they used the element of surprise to win few matches. but Russians probably scouted then very well for the afternoon session when they had the time.

yeah very bad for South Korea. one of them even lost to Ecuador !

well Greco is not popular in USA. most of their current team members are freestyle rejectees . if someone fails to make the team in freestyle then he tries Greco ! we had the same situation in Iran 20 years ago.

Edited by MHSN

I really like this Egyptian kid, that was sad to see him broken after the match. and he has a good future ahead of him but he is way too one-dimensional . he is very tough, he reminds me of some of our golden generation wrestlers. but he has to add more to his arsenal to be successful in senior level. just pushing and being tough is not enough. because sometimes you give up a 4pts throw and with this style there is no way you can come back from this.

3 godziny temu, rybak napisał:

I fear that we will finish these championships without medal :( 

Believe in Sahakyan. Bjerrehuus :DEN Janecic :CRO Hung :TPE I think all of them are in his range. If he won't win a medal, no one from our guys will.

Edited by Col_Frost