website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Biden says people have to be patience because votes have to be counted, logically. But then...."this patience has lead to a system of governance which, for 240 years, has been the envy of the world."

:rofl::rofl:

I mean, I know Trump says utter bullshit on a daily basis, but this is at least on the same level as Trump's regular morning tweets :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It looks like Rhode Island has passed the measure to eliminate “Providence Plantations” from it’s name.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 hours ago, Dolby said:

How does mail-in votes work with respect to verification needs vs need for secrecy? Counting officials would need to verify that the vote that they have received is from a eligible voter who has not voted in person but should not know whom s/he voted for. What are the mechanisms to ensure both things. I know, absentee/postal/mail-in ballots are used in a lot of places (including India), but I don't think they have been used at such a large scale anywhere else and thats why I never thought about this. So, it would be amazing if @Olympian1010if you can share your experience. 

I didn’t forget about this question by the way. I didn’t cast my vote by way of mail-in ballot, so I’m not entirely familiar with the system, which is why I don’t feel qualified to answer your question in-depth. I know voter signature verification is used in California as one method of security. I know some states use multiple envelopes to increase security. The methods, rules, etc. are different in every state though. I know some states like Washington, Utah, Colorado already gave all voters the option to vote by mail or vote in-person, even before this election.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

You're pro China and pro trump at the same time :mumble:

I am not pro Trump but there are huge amounts of Chinese pro Trump. I think the number is even more than pro Biden. The reason is that though Trump will continuously anti China, but he will do much more harm to US democracy, tearing up the US society and hurting and losing allies especially Germany, EU and South Korea. US will fasten the speed to give up the role of world leader and you guess who will grab the opportunity. Comparing those pros and cons, nationalist Chinese generally prefer Trump.

Those support Biden have the same reason as the rest of world. We want a more predictable world for financial market, industry, imports and exports etc. We want a stable life based the old world order not based on personal bias.