website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

so what is happening now ? I see there no new updates for a while :d

Slowly some more votes from Wisconsin and Michigan are coming in, which aren't really doing much different than slowly increading Biden's lead.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Nevada won’t be releasing any more results until tomorrow by the way.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Slowly some more votes from Wisconsin and Michigan are coming in, which aren't really doing much different than slowly increading Biden's lead.

yeah, I meant for example in Nevada, did not see a single vote update since this morning :d

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Nevada won’t be releasing any more results until tomorrow by the way.

Mostly because of the mail ballots I believe? They can arrive until 10 November and will be counted (if marked 3 November at the latest of course), perhaps that has something to do with it?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Slovakia can test 2.5 mil people in one day,

America needs days on end to organize some papers.

To be entirely fair, making sure every single vote of many dozens of millions is registered correctly is a tiny bit more important than making sure every single test is registered correctly :p 

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yeah, I meant for example in Nevada, did not see a single vote update since this morning :d

I believe Georgia is on halt too, but not exactly sure why. @Olympian1010? And while we're at it, what's the delay in North Carolina?

In Pennsylvania I believe it's due to the huge number of mail ballots, most of which they could only even start counting after yesterday's in-person votes were all counted.

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Mostly because of the mail ballots I believe? They can arrive until 10 November and will be counted (if marked 3 November at the latest of course), perhaps that has something to do with it?

Yes, that is part of, if not all, of the reasoning behind that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I believe Georgia is on halt too, but not exactly sure why. @Olympian1010? And while we're at it, what's the delay in North Carolina?

In Pennsylvania I believe it's due to the huge number of mail ballots, most of which they could only even start counting after yesterday's in-person votes were all counted.

Maybe waiting the mail ballots being resend back to the US from Tbilisi :p

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I believe Georgia election officials will have have a press conference soon to discuss what’s going on there. No clue what’s going on in North Carolina.

Yes, Pennsylvania had a press conference a while ago, and they said they are still at work counting mail-in ballots. Yes, in Pennsylvania the law is they can’t start counting mail-in ballots until Election Day.