website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, prso1000 said:

I didn’t know South Sudan is that good or is Puerto Rico just bad. Anyway almost a huge upset. 

It's a little bit of both. Puerto Rico is pretty bad even for this World Cup, and South Sudan has some interesting players. 

China is very very bad. I understand why but still it's difficult to understand how that big of a country where basketball is actualy pretty popular can't have better NT. 

Edited by nenad

In the bigger picture, no surprises at all after 1st round games. A lot of onesided matches, I don't remember when there was like only one match in entire round that went to a one possesion game at the end. But, that's what you get with a 32 team lineup. And when I look the lineup of games for tomorrow, you maybe and that's maybe get 3 interesting matchups, Italy vs DR,  France vs Latvia and for sure biggest match of the day is Australia vs Germany..

And I'll say it again, although some people will never learn, if Murray played for Canada, they would be favorites. 

That's what you get when you try to be the main character every time. Italy's players should deal with this clown. It maybe has some tactical advantages to behave like that when you're losing, but in the 1st and 2nd quarter when you start the game with a 12pt lead it only makes players nervous.