website statistics

Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2023

Totallympics

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Accidental lol. I don't think you know womens soccer

no goals except penalties in the whole playoffs. But at least they won a game in full time. Better than when Portugal won men's euro. 

Swedens silver in Rio was quite similar too, except that didn't win.

with that Said, they Did what they had to do to beat 3 strong teams in the playoffs and that is what counts - unfortunately :lol:

37 minutes ago, Swewi said:

no goals except penalties in the whole playoffs. But at least they won a game in full time. Better than when Portugal won men's euro. 

Swedens silver in Rio was quite similar too, except that didn't win.

with that Said, they Did what they had to do to beat 3 strong teams in the playoffs and that is what counts - unfortunately :lol:

Technically Canada only beat one team in the Tokyo knockout stages (and two across the whole tournament), but at least that one team was the :USA :P

(The 2020 Olympic gold medal was a total fluke, but there are other tournaments where the team should have done better, like the 2012 Olympics. That’s soccer for you)

1 hour ago, Josh said:

"Accidental" :roflmao::lol:

It isn't justified to say it's accidental, but I feel like they kinda escaped a few times here and there at the Olympics. After watching the groups, Canada winning was a big surprise to me, I would have expected England (GB), Netherlands or Sweden to win it.

Edited by AsensioWillemsen

How did Vietnam qualify? I mean, cool for them that they did, but at least today they seem to be barely able to kick the ball :p (I'm sure they can do better than this, but I didn't have time to watch their other two matches)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!