website statistics

Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2023

Totallympics

4 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Kissing anyone without consent should be penalised. Rubiales should take full responsabillity and appologise. 

I mean, i know that Spaniards are full of emotions but celebrating by kissing a player in the mouth??? Disgusting :sick:

It would be a different story if he immediately apologized and admitted wrongdoing, I think things could potentially have been worked out.

But he tripled downed and lied through official channels. There is no way he can keep his job, frankly at this point I don’t know how he can work in Football at all for a while, if ever.

Edited by NearPup

5 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

In response, Spanish FA are threatening legal action against Hermoso. :facepalm:

This sentence really is a rollercoaster. First makes you think "Oh, finally, took some time but at least they're going after that asswhipe", but then you read "against Hermoso" :facepalm:

It's amazing how a single federation (and probably like 5 people, undoubtedly close buddies of the president) can make a historic World Cup victory be forgotten in barely a week.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This sentence really is a rollercoaster. First makes you think "Oh, finally, took some time but at least they're going after that asswhipe", but then you read "against Hermoso" :facepalm:

It's amazing how a single federation (and probably like 5 people, undoubtedly close buddies of the president) can make a historic World Cup victory be forgotten in barely a week.

This was clearly a title won in spite of, rather than because of, the federation.

This story is quickly straying into the realms of ridiculousness - Rubiales' mother has reportedly locked herself in a church and is on hunger strike in protest against the treatment of her son.

Luis Rubiales: Spanish FA president's mother on hunger strike over kiss row - BBC Sport

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

This story is quickly straying into the realms of ridiculousness - Rubiales' mother has reportedly locked herself in a church and is on hunger strike in protest against the treatment of her son.

Luis Rubiales: Spanish FA president's mother on hunger strike over kiss row - BBC Sport

I’d say let that piece of shit rot there and serve as another relic in places people are year by year more reluctant to attend.