website statistics

Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2023

Totallympics

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

I have to say, was waiting for some big defeat on this one, seeing this result is quite incredible.

Really really proud of our Navegadoras, i really hope this is the first of many!

And dear lord they were close to kicking USA out....

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Portugal has a bright future in women's football and they are still on the rise. USA barely scraped through but it's not that surprising, this is an old team that relies on reputation more than anything. Even Alex Morgan is 34 years old already. They ain't fooling Father Time and the rest of the world has closed the gap now that there is more money in women's game. Sweden in R16 could really do some damage since they don't seem to play all that defensive anymore.

47 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Only one of :JPN :NOR :USA and (most likely) :SWE will reach semifinals.

Meanwhile, :NED has a free path to this stage.

I wouldn't call Spain a free path at all, Spain - Netherlands is a similar level quarterfinal to Norway - Sweden in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I wouldn't call Spain a free path at all, Spain - Netherlands is a similar level quarterfinal to Norway - Sweden in my opinion.

Norway seemed weak to me, even though they scored a lot against Phillipines. Can't see them beat Japan.