website statistics

Football 2017 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

Lazovic, the fuck are you doing? :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I don't know what kind of an idiotic referee Mahamadou Keita of Mali is, but damn, not even a yellow for Moroccan idiot Belhanda for this attempt to break De Ligt's legs?

And nothing for this?

About time they only let capable referees in international matches.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

You guys don't know what "genious" situation there is in our football championship now. This season there was a new "spectacular" formula with playoff rounds and elimination matches. The last quota for the Europa League should be contested by the third placed team of the championship round and the winner of the relegation round groups. As to bring some drama for the whole season. But the second placed team CSKA 3.0 was banned from UEFA for 2 years (which was know by everyone, for over a year, that they would not get a licence and the union did nothing) who are now going to appeal to CAS. 

And with CSKA not officially banned yet, even though they 99,999% will be, it brings us to this brilliant crossroad. They 3rd placed team would proceed with the playoff and could lose their Europe spot, but the 4th placed team gets and automatic quota. Genious :d :facepalm:  

Edited by Federer91

FIFA U20 World Cup

Italy :clap::ITA won against France (2-1) and reach the Quarterfinals, where will play against Zambia :ZAM

The other QF

Venezuela :VEN vs :USA Usa

Mexico :MEX vs :ENG England

Portugal :POR  vs :URU Uruguay 

Women's Champions League

French derby won by Olympique Lyon at penalties (7-6) after a boring final..... Lyon GK /Bouhaddi score the decisive penalty after the PSG error by their GK/ Kiedrzynek (shot out of target).

This is the fourth Champions title for OL (second in-a-row), and equalling record of title of Frankfurt.

Looks like FIFA is testing a new rules for the penalties. I was watching Portugal-Uruguay at the U20 World Cup. when it went to the penalties the order of that was something like tie-break in Tennis, Portugal took the 1st penalty but then Uruguay had 2 penalties instead of normal 1 and they continued like that.

I don't know if I like this "change" looks a bit unbalanced but I guess that's more fair than the current format when one team always takes the first penalty

37 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Looks like FIFA is testing a new rules for the penalties. I was watching Portugal-Uruguay at the U20 World Cup. when it went to the penalties the order of that was something like tie-break in Tennis, Portugal took the 1st penalty but then Uruguay had 2 penalties instead of normal 1 and they continued like that.

I don't know if I like this "change" looks a bit unbalanced but I guess that's more fair than the current format when one team always takes the first penalty

Yes, they did it couple months ago. They did a research on every match that went to the penalties in last 15-20 years under the FIFA, and concluded that about 60% of the teams that took the 1st penalty won the penalty shoot-out.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

it is ABBA system :d A team then 2x B and A again.