website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

I agree this time that this whole ROC/OAR etc. thing is a farce. It is not a real sanction but still makes possible for the Russian to play the victim and whine that "again the poor blameless Russia is being humiliated". It the worst of both worlds.

Dont think it does anything against doping which was the objective in the first place.

55 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

I agree this time that this whole ROC/OAR etc. thing is a farce. It is not a real sanction but still makes possible for the Russian to play the victim and whine that "again the poor blameless Russia is being humiliated". It the worst of both worlds.

Dont think it does anything against doping which was the objective in the first place.

One possible positive test (we will see what the B sample says) shouldn't ban a whole country. Especially now when athletes are tested much more thoroughly than ever before. Russians are under a microscope and if they are doping they will get caught. Let the clean athletes compete for their nation and ban those who do doping. Stop this political nonsense in sports. 

As for tomorrow, since it's Johaug's last race in the Olympics ever, I expect her to dominate and win another gold. 

8 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Has she said something official? :mumble:

Yes, Polish media reported she had a press conference where she said this 30k will be her last Olympic start ever. People forget she will be 34 in June so she is quite old is pro athlete terms.

4 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

It will likely be extended after the figure skating debacle.

It likely will not be.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Yes, Polish media reported she had a press conference where she said this 30k will be her last Olympic start ever. People forget she will be 34 in June so she is quite old is pro athlete terms.

Maybe 5-10 years ago. We have more and more 37-38 year old athletes performing like they are 30 :d  I wonder, with the current awful situation with the Norway female squad, if they would beg her to stick around.