website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

52 minutes ago, Belle said:

Haha yes it’s about the dissolution of the Kalmar Union :d

Yeah, quite frankly I never knew when it happened without checking least of all it's national holiday in Sweden :p Though I remember Denmark used to be the "stronger" part of the Union at first :evil:

Suspending Hungary's presidency isn't a sanction - it's a precaution!

Poland! Get ready! You are the next as another rebellious member country!

https://www.politico.eu/article/suspend-hungary-eu-presidency-sanction-precaution/?fbclid=IwAR0fWA-t2RDgPAcvxyrSbnynqXH-D73H8o2_obq88HSeQcoCaBNxw-yp0uk

I finished my first trip to the EU a few days ago. I thought it might be fun to post what I did in each city/country, so that users from there could give me some feedback on my visit. 

I technically visited four countries, although my layover was very short in Austria. I had one full day in Frankfurt, then a week in Malta, and 2 1/2 days in Athens.

Frankfurt: Römer, Main Riverbank, Cathedral of St. Bartholomew, Historical Museum

Malta: Ħaġar Qim Temples, St. John’s Co-Cathedral, Lower Barrakka Gardens, Upper Barrakka Gardens, Saluting Battery (evening gun), Republic Street, Beach at St. Paul’s Bay

Athens: Plaka, Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Arch of Hadrian, Olympieon, Presidential Palace, Parliament (Changing of the Guard), Lykeion, Panathenaic Stadium, Zappeion Megaron, National Garden, Ancient Agora, Roman Agora, Church of Panagias Grigorousas, Library of Hadrian, Prison of Socrates

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Malta: Ħaġar Qim Temples, St. John’s Co-Cathedral, Lower Barrakka Gardens, Upper Barrakka Gardens, Saluting Battery (evening gun), Republic Street, Beach at St. Paul’s Bay

Just a few weeks ago I watched a documentary on Czech TV from Malta and they showed that daily Saluting Battery ceremony, was interesting. Also announcer´s joke how Malta is now the smallest EU country where cars drive on the wrong (left) side :d

Edited by hckošice

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Just a few weeks ago I watched a documentary on Czech TV from Malta and they showed that daily Saluting Battery ceremony, was interesting. Also announcer´s joke how Malta is nowadays the only EU country where cars drive on the wrong (left) side :d

Not the only one. I’ll let you guess which other country also drives on the left :p