website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

I have a carrier pigeon in front of my house since yesterday, I don´t know what to do with him, anyone have some advices ?

The pigeon is beautiful with green-turquoise neck, has two rings on his legs, one green and one red. it´s probably a racing pigeon, I gave him birds food and water, he ate but still doesn´t want to fly away. :p

3 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

The rings will be a code that explains who he is & where he is from.

https://www.rpra.org/racing-handbook/rings/

Yes, I checked on the web and found it. Apparently there a lot of pigeons who simply lost the way back home or are too exhausted or injured.

People should write their code (in the red ring) on this page specially made for lost racing pigeons there plenty of pigeons listed there last few days not only from SVK but also :POL :HUN :ROU :CZE etc... :yikes:

my issue is I can not write the code since I do not know how to catch that pigeon,:p I read that apparently the easiest way is to throw a towel on it and then quickly read the code. Yeah, well, I don´t know, I´m afraid I´ll hurt him, so not going to do that :lol: I hope he´s just exhausted from the long flight and will soon regain his strength and fly back home alone

Pigeon racing is popular in my region and I know a lot of people who are involved. I suspect the pigeon will fly away on his own once he gathers more strenght. Delays of 3-4 days in arrival times are nothing special so I suspect this fella might stay with @hckošicefor a few days ;)

8 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Pigeon racing is popular in my region and I know a lot of people who are involved. I suspect the pigeon will fly away on his own once he gathers more strenght. Delays of 3-4 days in arrival times are nothing special so I suspect this fella might stay with @hckošicefor a few days ;)

He is still here :d Day 3 started

12 hours ago, hckošice said:

Yes, I checked on the web and found it. Apparently there a lot of pigeons who simply lost the way back home or are too exhausted or injured.

People should write their code (in the red ring) on this page specially made for lost racing pigeons there plenty of pigeons listed there last few days not only from SVK but also :POL :HUN :ROU :CZE etc... :yikes:

my issue is I can not write the code since I do not know how to catch that pigeon,:p I read that apparently the easiest way is to throw a towel on it and then quickly read the code. Yeah, well, I don´t know, I´m afraid I´ll hurt him, so not going to do that :lol: I hope he´s just exhausted from the long flight and will soon regain his strength and fly back home alone

@hckošice frantically reading the Dick Dastardly guide on how to catch pigeons :d 

flying up in the air GIF by Boomerang Official

Update in the save-pigeon-mission :p

Day 3rd, I succeeded to read the code in his red ring (It is a Romanian pigoen, I assume since the nations code is RO :p) and send it in the lost pigeons site, let see if someone will contact me, because I am definitely not intending to drive the pigoen to Bucharest myself :p

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Update in the save-pigeon-mission :p

Day 3rd, I succeeded to read the code in his red ring (It is a Romanian pigoen, I assume since the nations code is RO :p) and send it in the lost pigeons site, let see if someone will contact me, because I am definitely not intending to drive the pigoen to Bucharest myself :p

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/belgian-racing-pigeon-auction-record-price-b1723237.html

You sure it's not Belgian?