website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

8 hours ago, dcro said:

What do you mean exactly? :p

If you really think the judges are working to give France a “free ticket”, I’d love to write a story about it. However, I’d need proof, evidence, and knowledge as an equestrian fan. I’d need your expertise to guide me in the right direction, and to help me find the right scores, and to show me how they’re unusually high/low.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

If you really think the judges are working to give France a “free ticket”, I’d love to write a story about it. However, I’d need proof, evidence, and knowledge as an equestrian fan. I’d need your expertise to guide me in the right direction, and to help me find the right scores, and to show me how they’re unusually high/low.

Ok, I can do that... But will need some time to gather all info.

#banbestmen

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ok, I can do that... But will need some time to gather all info.

Yeah no problem. I just need a good amount of hard, sufficient evidence against certain judges. I’ll need their “normal” scores/score range, and their abnormal scores and range. You can never have enough evidence. The more that can be found/used the better. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Iran has launched missiles at a US/Iraqi Air-Force Base in Iraq. Various reports are claiming that 6-10 missions hit the base, and it sounds as though there are US causalities. 

30 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Iran has launched missiles at a US/Iraqi Air-Force Base in Iraq. Various reports are claiming that 6-10 missions hit the base, and it sounds as though there are US causalities. 

At the moment i dont hear reports of casualties

4 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Yeah I noticed that got revised as well. Original reports suggested there were, but that’s the risk I always talk about with breaking news. Hopefully it continues to be true that there were no casualties.

37 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Heard that a few Iraqis may have been injured.

Also heard that both US and Iranian fighter jets have just taken off from their respective bases in the region, setting up a potentially dangerous situation in the skies.

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

With Danish troops as well... Thank you very much, Trump! :mad:

and in middle of all this, we had a plane crash last night from Tehran to Kiev, killing all 176 passengers :(

while most passengers were Iranian, there were Swedish, Canadian, Afghan, British and Ukrainian citizens on board. :(

Edited by MHSN

and it seems that wasn't just a simple plane crash. apparently it was shot down by accident. even though Iran denies it and invites everybody involved to investigate the accident  and I personally don't believe anything coming from the USA under this administration but there are signs making me believe the theory.

reading stories about the passengers, it's really tragic, most of them were highly educated. mostly Iranian-Canadian or Iranians living/studying in Canada came to their home country for their holidays :( there were at least 3 couples coming back home just for their wedding

this is one of the victims, his latest tweet few minutes before the accident, he is actually making a joke about his possible death :(

I have lots of friends, former classmates and even close relatives (aunt, cousin etc) living in Canada and when I was reading the list I was afraid to see a familiar name and I did, my classmate and actually my closest friend in my MS studies were there. I wasn't in contact with him for couple years, didn't know he was even married ... :cry::cry:

oh well, bad news keep coming

Edited by MHSN