website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

2 minutes ago, up and down said:

Alright nice to hear that. How does it feel like being a citizen living in China? Do you mind telling us?

I dont mind at all. Different people have different answers, I’m definitely not a representative, it’s just me. But before that do you mind telling me how do you feel like being a citizen of Australia or some other nations if I wrongly prejudged by your profile?

Good news arrived. Vaccines for the virus found at last. Now still in the trial stage.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/china-approves-coronavirus-vaccines-human-trials-200414083310079.html

China has approved early-stage human tests for two experimental coronavirus vaccines as it battles to contain imported cases and prevent a second wave of COVID-19.

The experimental vaccines are being developed by a Beijing-based unit of Sinovac Biotech and by the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products, an affiliate of state-owned China National Pharmaceutical Group, state news agency Xinhua reported on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, Vic Liu said:

I dont mind at all. Different people have different answers, I’m definitely not a representative, it’s just me. But before that do you mind telling me how do you feel like being a citizen of Australia or some other nations if I wrongly prejudged by your profile?

Yes I do not mind telling people that I am proud to be an Australian after all. Our health care system here is quite good. Our response to this pandemic has been fantastic as well. We gave done lots of mass testing and we have managed to detect cases at the earlier stage. Out health care system here is so far so good. I think it is much better than US by now. Our response here bas been fast as compared to US. This is not me bragging about my good system here. We in Australia have news channels that provide us with the latest updates about the virus. Quite good and we are all well informed here.

4 minutes ago, up and down said:

Good news arrived. Vaccines for the virus found at last. Now still in the trial stage.

Again: no, that is not true. I'd suggest reading the article, because it never says a vaccine has been found. It says trials for potential vaccines are starting, which is entirely different.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Again: no, that is not true. I'd suggest reading the article, because it never says a vaccine has been found. It says trials for potential vaccines are starting, which is entirely different.

Alright thank you very much for pointing it out.

5 minutes ago, up and down said:

Yes I do not mind telling people that I am proud to be an Australian after all. Our health care system here is quite good. Our response to this pandemic has been fantastic as well. We gave done lots of mass testing and we have managed to detect cases at the earlier stage. Out health care system here is so far so good. I think it is much better than US by now. Our response here bas been fast as compared to US. This is not me bragging about my good system here. We in Australia have news channels that provide us with the latest updates about the virus. Quite good and we are all well informed here.

Good to know that and good for u and Australia. For me, my life is not coronavirus-centric, it never was or will be. Being living China is suitable for me after my previous travel and study experience overseas. It's fast-paced, busy at working but with my liked food, adapted culture and fine salary. And I can see through my eyes China is developing very fast during past 30 years. I am a witness and I experienced the whole process and now I am more than willing to be a contributor for my country. Still a lots of things like freedom of speech don't meet the standard of democratic western countries, but it doesn't bother too much for me. My life is doing my job and enjoying the leisure time but not to criticize the government. Since you want to enjoy the benefits and convenience you have to sacrifice something. 

2 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Good to know that and good for u and Australia. For me, my life is not coronavirus-centric, it never was or will be. Being living China is suitable for me after my previous travel and study experience overseas. It's fast-paced, busy at working but with my liked food, adapted culture and fine salary. And I can see through my eyes China is developing very fast during past 30 years. I am a witness and I experienced the whole process and now I am more than willing to be a contributor for my country. Still a lots of things like freedom of speech don't meet the standard of democratic western countries, but it doesn't bother too much for me. My life is doing my job and enjoying the leisure time but not to criticize the government. Since you want to enjoy the benefits and convenience you have to sacrifice something. 

Good and great to hear this. Here in Australia we still have confusion and debate on whether schools should reopen or not.

20 hours ago, up and down said:

@nitinsanker

It is very hard to belief such things. Somehow reading all the different research papers written by Dr Shi Zhengli and her team of researchers about the bats Coronavirus really convinced me that this virus is deadly and it is man made. You can find her research papers online and read them yourself.

While i think that it is certainly possible that this virus came from a lab (coincidentally China's only level 4 microbiology lab is in Wuhan ...), i am pretty confident that this virus isn't some man-made weapon. If the plan would have been to create a bioweapon, then you would have used a more deadly pathogen like Ebola or Lassa virus. In addition to that you wouldn't "release" the virus in the country where it was created, you would "release" it in some completely different part of the world, so that noone can ever trace it back to you.

Here are two articles that also doubt that the virus originated in a lab:

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/4/21156607/how-did-the-coronavirus-get-started-china-wuhan-lab

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9.pdf

Naturally it is very difficult to prove where a virus didn't come from, when you don't know where it came from or who was patient zero ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.