website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Masks still aren’t mandatory in California. Only when you enter a shop do you need one. They don’t have a real purpose outside of protecting people from those already infected. They just serve as a good reminder to people about the dangers of certain activities. Their good for psychology, but not all that practical for healthy people.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

This is quickly becoming the go to protest action across the Americas. I’ve even seen some liberals here in the US adopting this lately to show Pan American unity.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They don’t have a real purpose outside of protecting people from those already infected.

Isn´t this supposed to be the main goal ? The majority of the infected people are asymptomatic, they don´t even know they are infected, they show no symptoms at all (even during more than two weeks) but they still infect others. This is the main reason for the masks, but obviously only if everybody wear them, this is where WHO messed it completely.

12 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Isn´t this supposed to be the main goal ? The majority of the infected people are asymptomatic, they don´t even know they are infected, they show no symptoms at all (even during more than two weeks) but they still infect others. This is the main reason for the masks, but obviously only if everybody wear them, this is where WHO messed it completely.

There’s also a shortage of supply (still). So we should prioritize our response. Doctors, Nurses, health workers, and those infected should get first dibs. Once there’s enough supply people should be asked to wear them. Dutch and California seem to get their information from the same experts @heywoodu

Trump aims to reopen American by May 1st (for states that still take orders from him) :facepalm:

Can him, Bolsonaro, and Duterte just fuck off already.

Here is something I just thought of: 

If the virus originated from a Chinese lab & the Chinese government covered it up, do you guys think we will see a boycott from USA & other countries at Beijing 2022?

What do you guys think.

9 minutes ago, bmo said:

Here is something I just thought of: 

If the virus originated from a Chinese lab & the Chinese government covered it up, do you guys think we will see a boycott from USA & other countries at Beijing 2022?

What do you guys think.

Oh hell yeah. We boycotted the Soviets over harming their own people. I’m sure as hell we’d boycott China. However, I’ve yet to be convinced that China purposely created the virus and unleashed it purposefully on the world.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh hell yeah. We boycotted the Soviets over harming their own people. I’m sure as hell we’d boycott China. However, I’ve yet to be convinced that China purposely created the virus and unleashed it purposefully on the world.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it on purpose, but I am praying that it wasn’t on purpose. 

IF it was on purpose and you were the head of the usopc, would you boycott Beijing?

2 minutes ago, bmo said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it on purpose, but I am praying that it wasn’t on purpose. 

IF it was on purpose and you were the head of the usopc, would you boycott Beijing?

I mean, I don’t think the Western World would have a choice at that point...

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I mean, I don’t think the Western World would have a choice at that point...

Think about the athletes though... they work hard for 4 years for their moment in the spotlight. It would suck if you’re an athlete and your team boycotts the games.