website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

6 hours ago, rybak said:

China reported nearly 3500 new cases yesterday, :KOR have daily 300k-350k new cases, :SGP:VIE:THA and :HKG aren't in good situation as well, it's sixth wave already, vaccines stopped working or people simply are too tired over this shit and don't follow restrictions, what you can say about that @Vic Liu @dophuquy?

I am really tired of this but I have to follow all instructions. Fortunately my city Beijing is not the center of this wave so nothing too much change for me and basically my life is as usual. Some other cities are under lockdown for 7 days.

Yesterday, first time since January 26th last year there was a case of death for covid in :CHN, exactly two deaths. 

:KOR cases are on so high level that they stopped reporting how many active cases they have...

Meanwhile in :POL probably since April all remaining restrictions will be lifted, including wearing masks in public transport and closed spaces like shops and so on.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Suffice to say things are running out of hand in China again and the numbers are getting doctored with so far unclear consequences...

Almost half population(700 million) got infected in December, 2022 this single month. As many of you already know, Omicron variant is highly contagious but with mild symptoms. Still the sudden surge created stress to hospitals and unavoidably some elderly with underlying disease passed away. However the peak has past now and people are ready to get life back to normal. I am already on my new year's vacation after Covid curbs lifted. The hype doesn't make too much sense right now, at least for Chinese.

On 1/3/2023 at 10:48 PM, Vic Liu said:

Almost half population(700 million) got infected in December, 2022 this single month. As many of you already know, Omicron variant is highly contagious but with mild symptoms. Still the sudden surge created stress to hospitals and unavoidably some elderly with underlying disease passed away. However the peak has past now and people are ready to get life back to normal. I am already on my new year's vacation after Covid curbs lifted. The hype doesn't make too much sense right now, at least for Chinese.

I'm hoping that you are right, but according worldmeters today China reported over 14k cases, the biggest number since beginning of this disease. 

However Poland still did report cases once in week, but since April our Ministry of Health doesn't report recoveries, so, current number of 900k isn't anything close to current situation here, more people have basic flu instead.

2 hours ago, rybak said:

I'm hoping that you are right, but according worldmeters today China reported over 14k cases, the biggest number since beginning of this disease. 

However Poland still did report cases once in week, but since April our Ministry of Health doesn't report recoveries, so, current number of 900k isn't anything close to current situation here, more people have basic flu instead.

China gave up counting over one night as too many people infected at the same time. The number you see I think basically are the ones newly hospitalized and need confirmed to use the almost free health care. But majority just buy some medicine and stay home to recover themselves. Like most other countries, Chinese don’t care about the number anymore and just move on.

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

How's corona in your NOCs these days? Because here in POL it doesn't look good.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

No idea if information is still really being published about it here, it's mostly become just 'part of life', kind of. The recent thing is that there's another round of booster vaccines going on, apparently, but mostly for older people.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!