website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, dcro said:

I just scrolled through media, and it took me a while to find the numbers for today. :p

I guess COVID really is over?

Nobody care about covid now. Even our government decided that all people coming from Ukraine are welcomed, it doesnt matter if they are vaccinated, infected, have done tests and so on. Everybody in. 

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

I just scrolled through media, and it took me a while to find the numbers for today. :p

Yeah, most countries have lifted restrictions anyway. Nobody is crying wolf over mutations either. Omikron didn't prove as deadly as some wiseguys feared. And it's business as usual. In few months time it will be treated on par with influenza and updates will stop alltogether.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

It's not really over, but yeah, in the past few weeks mostly restrictions have been going quite rapidly. Logically they took some time since there was a new mutation which wasn't so much deadlier (which 'they' never said it was, so nothing new there), but spread way, way more rapidly, as was proven to be the case.

It seems we're going into the good direction now, so that's good. Not that it has much to do with Russia's attack, because that came when the COVID situation was already long on the way down :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's not really over, but yeah, in the past few weeks mostly restrictions have been going quite rapidly. Logically they took some time since there was a new mutation which wasn't so much deadlier (which 'they' never said it was, so nothing new there), but spread way, way more rapidly, as was proven to be the case.

It seems we're going into the good direction now, so that's good. Not that it has much to do with Russia's attack, because that came when the COVID situation was already long on the way down :p 

To be fair, I do remember some scientists (certainly including the covid-profiteers) claiming that omicron was definitely not a less dangerous variant coming as a gift for Christmas.

Utter nonsense to say with such lack of information at the time (and the available info was already suggesting something less dangerous).

#banbestmen

5 hours ago, rybak said:

Nobody care about covid now. Even our government decided that all people coming from Ukraine are welcomed, it doesnt matter if they are vaccinated, infected, have done tests and so on. Everybody in. 

It depends. Looked at german media  it was: one-two-three about Ukraine than Covid articles. Than Bundesliga.

But yeah, omikron is far less dangerous than thought. The numbers are higher than any time, but because it is less dangerous noone cares any more. In Germany most of people who wanted to get vacaccine, got one. And covid test is now just a part of daily-weekly routine.

Our cases are about to go below 1k daily from 30k+ before. By tom. everything will be open. Thanks to an educated population willing to get vaccinated and ones that follow health standards like wearing masks, we achieved such success. Well done to my country! 

• 2 weeks later...

China reported nearly 3500 new cases yesterday, :KOR have daily 300k-350k new cases, :SGP:VIE:THA and :HKG aren't in good situation as well, it's sixth wave already, vaccines stopped working or people simply are too tired over this shit and don't follow restrictions, what you can say about that @Vic Liu @dophuquy?