website statistics

Athletics EAA Under 23 European Championships 2023

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

I guess at that age athletes do not have the experience to peak twice in a season & of course their NCAA coach is not going to act in anybody else’s interest.

I also think that some discus results are fishy. If you got perfect conditions (wind) you can throw 2-3 m farther than you normally could. Not sure if that was the case with him.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 finals for us in the last session. Women's javelin, women's high jump, women's 200, and men's 200. Hopefully we can win at least 2 medals because so far we only have one bronze, which would be one of our worst Championships ever (only 2015 was worse - we won no medals).

19 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

May be an image of 1 person and text

May be an image of 1 person and text

Elina Kulickenko gives Cyprus their 1st gold medal ever in European U23 championships with a 1.91 mark in W HJ 

Russian with a father working in Cyprus if I understod correct?

Great finish to the decathlon! :NOR Rooth taking the win over :NOR Skotheim and :NED Roosen sprinting to the finish to take bronze over :GER Meyer.

Another good day for the Dutch, with medals for Van Daalen, Bouju (0,01s away from gold!) and Roosen.

On 7/15/2023 at 11:57 AM, Makedonas said:

We won 4 medals in 2021 so it's disappointing that we only have 1 so far, however I think Tzengko and Emmanouilidou have really good chances to add to our medal tally tomorrow, and also Dosi in the women's high jump should have a decent chance!

Well, they all won medals! Tzengko got gold, Dosi silver (with a new PB), and Emmanouilidou bronze :thumbup:

Also Kariofyllis an impressive 5th in the men's 200m ;)

So we ended with 4 medals, same as 2021 except this time we got 1 gold, 1 silver, and 2 bronze. Last time, we had 0 gold, 3 silver, and 1 bronze.

Also this time all 4 medals came from women, last time we had 3 from men and 1 from a woman.

I would've liked for Emmanouilidou to get a better time, but I guess the conditions did not allow it.

It's great to see Dosi finally on the way up again after her progress stopped for several years. Hopefully she can keep this up.

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Elina Kulickenko gives Cyprus their 1st gold medal ever in European U23 championships with a 1.91 mark in W HJ 

So, Dosi who got silver still gets to hear her national anthem played at the medal ceremony :d