website statistics

Athletics EAA Under 23 European Championships 2023

Totallympics

20 hours ago, Werloc said:

I'll be happy if we come out with two golds from here with Alekna and Karinauskaitė.

A 400m final for Keršulis.

And a good PB for Vaitaitytė in Heptathlon.

Lukrecija Sabaitytė could do okay in 200m and perhaps increase her slim chances to qualify to the European Championships in 2024.

Other than that, highly disappointed that we're sending only 8 athletes. Our race walker that was qualified is nowhere to be seen, two athletes qualified days after the qualification was closed. Our talented javelin thrower quit the sport and other three candidates didn't recover from injuries all season.

This 8 people team could've easily been 16 at least, but a really bad season for our u23ers. 

Vaitaitytė loosing almost 100 points off her PB in hurdles.... Not a good start

13 minutes ago, Bearas said:

Vaitaitytė loosing almost 100 points off her PB in hurdles.... Not a good start

Yup, was rather disappointed. She looked on form in recent competitions at Lithuania, so I thought it's going to go well.

Although, she is an anomaly of Lithuanian heptathlon as the only athlete ever that has a better second day, than first :p 

15 hours ago, Werloc said:

But recent form from Alekna gives me slight room to worry. Karinauskaitė looks on a better trajectory, since she nearly ran her PB/NR at the European Team championships.

Alekna's first throw just 55m...........

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yup, that's why I'm trusting Karinauskaitė a little bit more right now :d 

What's happening to him? Exhaustion? mental health issues? He's regressed and literally on trajectory to retire before he's even 23 lol.....

5 minutes ago, Bearas said:

What's happening to him? Exhaustion? mental health issues? He's regressed and literally on trajectory to retire before he's even 23 lol.....

I really wouldn't worry that much and put him on retirement duty just yet.

Ups and downs are common in any and every career, especially sports. If he threw 70+ metres twice this year, it means that he can do that again.

Martynas, for example, everybody thought that he would just end his career at 61 metres and here he goes and starts throwing 67s