website statistics

Rowing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Totallympics

33 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

My pleasure. But any idea what happened at the final regatta he was the favourite to win right so how did he end up 3rd? Like injury? Fatigue anything

Officialy fatigue was reason behind that result, but I don't want believe in that as all rowers were in the same situation and everyone had to compete in two races in one day. 

According to Wiki (I know it might not be 100% accurate) Hong Kong declined the LM2X continental quota. May I confirm the reallocation order is 1.continental qualifier, 2. 2019 WCH, 3. 2021 Regatta? If so, in this case is the order 1.:SVK 2019 WCH Final D, 2 :MKD  2019 WCH Final F,3 :CHN 2021 Regatta? 

11 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

According to Wiki (I know it might not be 100% accurate) Hong Kong declined the LM2X continental quota. May I confirm the reallocation order is 1.continental qualifier, 2. 2019 WCH, 3. 2021 Regatta? If so, in this case is the order 1.:SVK 2019 WCH Final D, 2 :MKD  2019 WCH Final F,3 :CHN 2021 Regatta? 

If another boat is eligible in Asia, it goes to them, if not it will be :CHN

Just now, intoronto said:

If another boat is eligible in Asia, it goes to them, if not it will be :CHN

I originally thought the same as you. But after reading the qualification document I am even more confused. How to interpret the bold part?

• If the boat qualified through a Continental Qualification regatta, the quota place will be reallocated to the next highest placed boat from an NOC that has not yet qualified a boat for the Olympics, whether through the World Rowing Championships or the Continental Qualification regatta. Where there are no further crews to which qualifying places can be allocated, such places shall be added to the qualifying places in the same event at the Final Qualification regatta.

6 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

I originally thought the same as you. But after reading the qualification document I am even more confused. How to interpret the bold part?

• If the boat qualified through a Continental Qualification regatta, the quota place will be reallocated to the next highest placed boat from an NOC that has not yet qualified a boat for the Olympics, whether through the World Rowing Championships or the Continental Qualification regatta. Where there are no further crews to which qualifying places can be allocated, such places shall be added to the qualifying places in the same event at the Final Qualification regatta.

Hmm... another sport where we need a PhD to interpert what it means. With the third America's third quota in lw2x being awarded at the Final Qualification, I think the same thing applies here.

6 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

my 2 cents...

the place goes to the best ranked Nation (in the final world qualification regatta) that hasn't qualified any other boat to the Games yet, considering both the final rankings of the world champs and of the continental qualification...

if there's no Nation matching this criteria, the first below the line at the final world qualification regatta gets the quota place even if they already have more boats qualified to the Games...

basically, you have to look at the final ranking of the final world qualification regatta...if in the LM2X there are 1 or more Nations that haven't qualified any boat to the Olympics, the best among them gets the place...if there are no such Nations, the quota place goes to the best team overall in that same regatta that missed out on the qualifying positions, making irrelevant the fact of having already some quota places or not...

19 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Do we actually know Hong Kong declined the LM2x quota or did Indonesia select LM2x when they found out they had the option? Any word on which boat South Korea will compete in, if it's the LW2x then we know what happened.

I didn't follow the Asian qualifier previously and I saw it from Wikipedia. It shows Hong Kong and Korea receive the W1x quotas and Hong Kong Rowing federation website confirmed the Hong Kong one. So I think it refers that Hong Kong automatically lost LM2x. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowing_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification