website statistics

Rowing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Totallympics

44 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

No they are getting women's tripartite quota. The quota goes to Thailand in M1X

There's no confirmation that they are getting the tripartite quota and even if they are it won't prevent the M1X quota from going to Kuwait.

13 minutes ago, MHSN said:

from my understanding, it will be something like this

Indonesia needs to select its quota. That earlier article was before they realized they may have an opportunity to send the LM2x boat. All that changes is South Korea will compete in the LW2x while Hong Kong will compete in the W1x.

16 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

It was an assumption but with men's getting I'm not sure 

Yeah, there aren't a lot of options. Here are the tripartite eligible nations which competed at the worlds, continental or final qualifier.

M1x - :HAI:HON:MAW:MON:SUD:TOG* :VAN

W1x - :BEN* :KUW* :MAW:NCA* :SUD

Nations with a * means they already qualified in a different event so chances of winning a tripartite quota is lower. If we exclude nations which have already have a quota in the W1x then we are only left with Malawi and Sudan so I think there's a good chance that either, one of the * nations get chosen, a nation which did not take part in any qualifier gets chosen (like Niger in 2012) or like in 2016, the quota gets reallocated.

41 minutes ago, rybak said:

Is there real chance that someone will decline the quota?

As such none. Maybe if some african nation like Benin decline to participate due to covid. Like it's kinda superstitious and with Japan improving daily in the 4th wave I don't know. Apart from that any injury with no reserve rower in the nation. It's more like creative writing now. Perhaps Natan may not make it at all. 

37 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

As such none. Maybe if some african nation like Benin decline to participate due to covid. Like it's kinda superstitious and with Japan improving daily in the 4th wave I don't know. Apart from that any injury with no reserve rower in the nation. It's more like creative writing now. Perhaps Natan may not make it at all. 

Thats sad, but thanks anyway for reply