website statistics

Rowing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Totallympics

@intoronto Jakub Buczek, who was a member of Canadian four which qualified today, is a grandson of Antoni Piechniczek - a head coach of Polish National Football Team who finished 3rd in FIFA World Cup in Spain 1982.

https://sport.tvp.pl/53835793/tokio-2020-wnuk-antoniego-piechniczka-wywalczyl-kwalifikacje-olimpijska

Does anyone know when we will have a full list of rowers going to Tokyo and who gets selected?

I wonder if there will be anyone born in the 2000s aside from our two Greek girls in the women's pair, Christina Bourmpou (2000) and Maria Kyridou (2001). They won the quota together as 18 year olds at the 2019 World Championships.

I am curious to see if they will be the youngest rowers. Now that Foester failed to qualify I can't think of anyone else who is younger.

22 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Does anyone know when we will have a full list of rowers going to Tokyo and who gets selected?

I wonder if there will be anyone born in the 2000s aside from our two Greek girls in the women's pair, Christina Bourmpou (2000) and Maria Kyridou (2001). They won the quota together as 18 year olds at the 2019 World Championships.

I am curious to see if they will be the youngest rowers. Now that Foester failed to qualify I can't think of anyone else who is younger.

:PHI rower in men's single sculls is born in 2000, :HKG one of their two in LM2x is 2000, one from :UZB is from 2002. I am sure there is more.