website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Yeah, Sweden will have Sundling and Dahlqvist and it's only 5 km (when it should be 7.5 really), so they probably have a better chance, than what i initially gave them. Norway is piss poor and Johaug can't do much in 5 km, so Germany does have a good shot to beat them.

Johaug alone can make up at least 20 seconds probably and the 3 other norwegians shouldn't be so far behind over 5k against the 2nd/3rd/4th best athlete from Sweden/Russia/USA. I think Norway could still win gold. This definitely makes cross-country skiing far more interesting and as a neutral you have to hope that Norway won't be able to turn it around very quickly.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

17 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

In cross country I'll cheer for anyone except :NOR and their symbicort empire :p

So how is cheering for a russian doper better than cheering for a norwegian doper?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

22 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

It will probably be about hiding Fraebel/whoever on the second leg. In the end it will be the same as always for german cross-country skiing: "Außer Spesen nichts gewesen"

I'm not sure whether Sofie Krehl could also be an option, she also had two good results in the previous races. Sauerbrey/Hennig/Krehl/Carl. They can beat the US and let's see how FIN/RUS/SWE/NOR will perform.

Not really expected a medal in CC, maybe in 4 years if the progression of the German team (esp. Women's) continues. The entire team improved a lot over the last years and there are some promising talents, not only Sauerbrey. Lisa Lohmann and the Hoffmann sisters are hopefuls for the future too. But the medals will always hang very very high in CC, especially over the individual distances.

However, I love this sport and I think that the huge amount of TOP 15 results that Germany already collected here is very good.

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Not for me and @Ted :p

Hahahaaa. All top level athletes in any winter or summer sport -whether they be American, British, Russian, German, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, Canadian or Martian for that matter- have always been and will forever be clean, honest, fair and beyond suspicion. They just happen to have tons of talent and eat well, sleep well and train well. Only the Norwegians are talentless, ruthless, abominable cheaters, dopers, fraudsters. OK, guys.:yes:d

4 minutes ago, Ted said:

Hahahaaa. All top level athletes in any winter or summer sport -whether they be American, British, Russian, German, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, Canadian or Martian for that matter- have always been and will forever be clean, honest, fair and beyond suspicion. They just happen to have tons of talent and eat well, sleep well and train well. Only the Norwegians are talentless, ruthless, abominable cheaters, dopers, fraudsters. OK, guys.:yes:d

What nation uses asthma medication to the very limit of what is allowed? I know more nations incl. Sweden has had astmathic skiiers but the way they even give healthy skiiers medication, and that there is research of that astma medication can help building muscles, in combination with that their best star Johaug happens to test positive and have the bad luck on having her first doping test in 7 months just after taking a lip stick does not make me trust all norwegian skiiers. The way johaug also expect everyone to believe her insane story and make everyone talk about a lip stick when it was a burn oinment with an anabolic steroid as the active subtsance makes me hate her even if she would tell the truth. Don't forget that one side affect of the "lip stick" was lip sores. Didn't she say that she used the lip stick against her lip sores?:facepalm:

Today's 10k was by far THE BEST interval race in recent memory imho. If only they could award two golds (Johaug & Niskanen) and two bronzes (Parmakoski and Nepryaeva). So unfair and heartbreaking for Keertu and Natalia...Anyways, I am also very impressed with Hennig (kudos to her) and feel so sorry for the Swedes...