website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Wanderer

19 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

Maybe they will receive some additional points because they are couple :-D it is Olympic And ITF - everything is possible :-D

There is really no more discretion in tennis qualification anymore.

2 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

I have no idea. I was also shocked. Next in the line should have been :HUN Balasz and :SVK Martin. But COC has confirmed that they recieved the invitation from ITF for Tomáš Mácháč and they accepted it. Happened today.... I guess ITF has been with the invitation what they want. Or I was thinking whether after withdrawals, they may be contacting countries that haven't qualified anyone yet. Which would perfectly fit to Macháč. All non qualified players in front of him are from countries that have already qualified at least one player. Except :AUT where Novak refused .... :CZE also refused from Veselý on the other hand .... So I am not sure really how but very happy cause he can also play mixed doubles with his GF Siniaková. 

I think :IND was also near 140. And like :CZE we also don’t have a single Men’s player qualified. 

6 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I think :IND was also near 140. And like :CZE we also don’t have a single Men’s player qualified. 

The question is if it was "legal" way or it was "changed" for sth else: which negotiations? :-)

Based on my negotiations with the ITF, we were offered this opportunity. We welcomed his start and, together with the Olympic Committee, organized the participation at the last minute, "said the head of the tennis association Ivo Kaderka to ČTK