website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Broadcasters

As expected, Claro Sports chose a random sports annuncer to do rugby sevens. he aobviously didn't know the most basic rules.

For the Uruguay-Kenya match, they added some Uruguayan former player that sounded quite bored, and would start rambling about some game theory rather than talk about the match.

One tip for everyone on Discovery Plus / Max - there is a limit on the number of simultaneous streams you can have open on different devices.  Don't know what it is - it might be four.  I came across it yesterday because I was forgetting to close down old streams once the event had finished, but the app still considered them to be open. 

25 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

One tip for everyone on Discovery Plus / Max - there is a limit on the number of simultaneous streams you can have open on different devices.  Don't know what it is - it might be four.  I came across it yesterday because I was forgetting to close down old streams once the event had finished, but the app still considered them to be open. 

I used 3 streams at the same time and it worked 😁( Max in Romania)

And BBC have managed to already talk over an anthem less than an hour into Day 1 coverage...

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Of all the sports to choose from, I don't really understand why Eurosport 1 is starting with hours of badminton. Are they already strategically choosing sports for the broadcast to push everyone to a Max subscription? 

Just now, Vektor said:

Of all the sports to choose from, I don't really understand why Eurosport 1 is starting with hours of badminton. Are they already strategically choosing sports for the broadcast to push everyone to a Max subscription? 

Or maybe it’s quick games so they can easily cut away to other stuff.

I know WBD didn't sub-license much to BNT, but it was funny how they only popped for Vasilev's heat in rowing and when it was done the live coverage was over. :d They will have more stuff in the afternoon / evenings, that Eurosport isn't covering, but i'm happy i won't have to depend only on them like 15-20 years ago.

Edited by Federer91

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I know WBD didn't sub-license much to BNT, but it was funny how they only popped for Vasilev's heat in rowing and when it was done the live coverage was over. :d They will have more stuff in the afternoon / evenings, that Eurosport isn't covering, but i'm happy i won't have to depend only on them like 15-20 years ago.

It’s the same everywhere: hours are very restricted so no broadcaster wants to waste them.  Hence more talk than action on the BBC.