website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

14 minutes ago, LDOG said:

OH SHIT this was today??? I thought it was tomorrow for some reason, so sorry Olympian1010.

All good. It worked out in the end.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I'm satisfied with our perfomance. I knew this song I picked would be in mid table at best and indeed was (at this point I very much doubt we'll find a top 10 contender song for open contests).

My personal top 3 was Brazil, UK, Sweden. 

Tried my best to not vote for the very famous singers but couldn't completely resist.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The closing ceremony will likely be condensed. I have other commitments planned for Sunday, but I'll try to throw something fun together.

I kind of like how I left things with my closing message for the Grand Final. If it's all the same to everyone, I'd like to pass on holding a closing ceremony. I don't really have anything prepared anyway.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Of course the one time I pick an English language song we get our best result ever. :d

Thank you everyone who voted for our song! First ever podium, 152 points, only 11 points from the win, this went beyond my expectations. 

@Olympian1010, thank you for organizing this event!

8 hours ago, Cobi said:

At first, when I saw Julieta Venegas as the Mexican entry I thought that my 12 points were going to be to :MEX, but then I really liked both :ARG and :SLO songs and it was not easy to choose one.

By the way, I was disappointed when I was searching the Slovenian song in Spotify to add it to my main playlist and realized that it was not there :(.

Reserves:

1. :POR
  2. :ITA
  3. :ISR
  4. :ROU

Thank you so much. As I said, this song was published only on special edition, with only 1500 copies sold, so not even many friends here in my country hardly know the song.

I see some liked madredeus, really nice! And Portugal ended with a 16 place, not bad!

Congrats again to the organizer, we all had a lot of fun and that’s all thanks to you @Olympian1010

I was expecting a bit UK to win, the song is of course really good, I personally like it a lot but since my goal for this contest is to find new good music, I purposely choose not to give points to celebrities. Although in this case I like the song so much I couldn’t resist to give it at Leary 1 point :d

I really liked all the other 11 songs I voted , especially Greece and Sweden, the last one was an immediate 12 from the moment I heard it, loved it!!!

As for Spain, I’m a huge fan of Mecano but I think the song chosen was not be best, if it would be Hijo de La Luna, Una rosa es una rosa, or Un año mas, I think it would have better chances

Also, for those that gave 12 points to :POR, and for all the others that liked Madredeus song, you should check some of their other work, is really nice.

For now, I leave here another of their big hits, and my personal all time favorite of them.

51 points and 26th place (If I counted correctly) tied with USA and Serbia.

No lies, I must admit this time I am a bit disappointed by this final result, since this song and artist has a huge place in my heart and is one of my very top fav local musicians I wished and hoped somehow for some success for her here, but apparently she did not touch so many ears and hearts outside of my room. Well, too bad for you :p

Anyway, big thanks to all of you who voted for the goddess

namely:

8 points from

:CRO @dcro  Thank you very very much :)

7 points from

:GBR @Cinnamon Bun & :ITA @Henry_Leon @Pablita @SteveParker

5 Points from

:DEN @Wumo & :IRL @OlympicIRL

4 points from

:CZE @Hipooo , :ESP @Cobi & :TUR @Memo

2 points from

:GER @catgamer , :SRB @NikolaB & :SWE @Belle

and also for the 1 single point from

:POL @rybak

That should do it... if I counted well :p, 51 points in total

Congrats to the winner (Finally a song in national language won this contest :d)

, to all medalist, to all Top 10, to all you stayed until the very end despite our time zone

and last but not least congrats to our host who despite some weird technical issues managed to accompany us all throughouth another brilliant and memorable TISC edition, Thanks also to his good helping elfs from Ireland to Netherlands. Was as always a great show full of fun, smile and thrilling competition.

See you next time with ...

yeah, a song in English language... mind you participating is great and all, but I also would want to once win that Czechoslovak Trophy this century

ciao in spring

Edited by hckošice

Wow, can't believe Ed finally did it. After 3rd in 2022 he's stormed back to win the crown. Thanks to everyone who voted, there's that many who did I can't remember who to tag. Big thanks to @Olympian1010 for hosting an incredible anniversary contest and also thanks to @OlympicIRLfor picking a song so personal to me (it was the song my Rugby League team Widnes Vikings used to walk on to when I first started going to watch them). Hopefully if everything goes to plan, Liverpool will host the contest next year. 

Oh, and sorry I couldn't make it last night. Was too busy watching Doctor Who.