website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

13 minutes ago, rybak said:

RIP @heywoodu and Eurovision...

Not to worry, it's only 'below the rivers', where the people are Catholic and celebrate their weird carnival stuff for a week :p 

There is now even extra news reports on TV :lol: :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Courtesy of worldometers here is the current league table:

Highlighted in green
= all cases have recovered from the infection.
Highlighted in grey
= all cases have had an outcome (there are no active cases).

I'm afraid with proper testing Iran should be 2nd in that table. the number of deaths clearly shows that :( unlike China (and other countries with responsible officials) in Iran they are not looking for infected people. you are counted only if you go to the hospital yourself and they test you 3 times ! :facepalm:  and since it takes a day or two to have the results back I think the number in Iran will jump up massively before Sunday :( and from what I heard they are running out of hospitals in Qom. there are official news about making mobile hospitals.

and it seems officials here are still underestimating the danger. a vice president was confirmed infected yesterday (highest-ranking woman in the government) and she was in a meeting with president and all other ministers a day before that. I don't think I feel sorry for them if they get infected, they created this mess by not taking the treat seriously.

and meanwhile Iran banned Chinese citizens to enter Iran since yesterday (27 February), when you read this you probably think this is a joke but I'm afraid not !

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I'm afraid with proper testing Iran should be 2nd in that table. the number of deaths clearly shows that :( unlike China (and other countries with responsible officials) in Iran they are not looking for infected people. you are counted only if you go to the hospital yourself and they test you 3 times ! :facepalm:  and since it takes a day or two to have the results back I think the number in Iran will jump up massively before Sunday :( and from what I heard they are running out of hospitals in Qom. there are official news about making mobile hospitals.

and it seems officials here are still underestimating the danger. a vice president was confirmed infected yesterday (highest-ranking woman in the government) and she was in a meeting with president and all other ministers a day before that. I don't think I feel sorry for them if they get infected, they created this mess by not taking the treat seriously.

and meanwhile Iran banned Chinese citizens to enter Iran since yesterday (27 February), when you read this you probably think this is a joke but I'm afraid not !

Haha, you know what. Chinese begin to consider China may be the safest place right now and Chinese national team training in Europe began to go back. The first team in Women's basketball in Serbia, they will come back 1st March. Also, lots of people ask government to quarantine all passengers from Korea regardless of nationalities to prevent imported cases.

14 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Belarus, Lithuania, New Zealand and Nigeria all confirmed their first cases now too.

Wow, that's an early start today :yikes: 

Might we see double digits today in terms of the number of new countries?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!