website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

20 hours ago, Jinzha said:

So far :NED has won all games with a convincing 3-0 and now we face :SRB and will probably convincingly lose 0-3. Every game has felt a bit predictable to me, I was hoping we'd face some of the teams close to us in the ranking like :POL, :BEL or :GER .

Come on we :CZE have not lost yet :-D but sure, volleyball Is too predictible in comparison with other team games :-(

On 8/29/2023 at 10:23 PM, Jinzha said:

So far :NED has won all games with a convincing 3-0 and now we face :SRB and will probably convincingly lose 0-3. Every game has felt a bit predictable to me, I was hoping we'd face some of the teams close to us in the ranking like :POL, :BEL or :GER .

Against France the result was 3 - 1 and we could easily have lost more sets against weak opposition. We were helped enormously by a very favorable draw, compared for instance to Belgium. Partly the result of course of finishing 4th two years ago (while IIRC Belgium failed to qualify for the knock out fase).

by far our best and most stabile match was against the on paper strongest opponent. The semi finale will show if this was the result of our high level, as the TV commentator stated, or, as I suspect, the weakness of Bulgaria who seemed to not cope with the pressure.

‘Friday will tell.

Edited by Noorderling29

Looking at the draw,, I was convinced that we could get to the semi-final, to then be hammered by the top teams. The GS matches were pretty awful, the QF against Bulgaria was much better. The matches Friday and today seem to suggest that the team is much better than expected.