website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Przed chwilą, orangeman napisał:

Mohammed Ahmed is just as Canadian as me.  We are a nation of immigrants, including my family.  The topic is done.  

To be honest he is not. You're Canadian, he is Somalian with Canadian passport. But he was raised in Canada and probably training in Canada so he's "fruit from your garden" and that's fine with me.

Just now, Monzanator said:

Still way better than a Kenyan running for Bahrain :dunno:

Yeah ... who knows when we will see something like that again. There are two world class kenyan runners who weren't here, because they want to compete for Kazakhstan in the future, so maybe in the near future all women in the top 10 will be from kenya competing for different nations. Möller might even be the best bet for a white woman to win a medal in Tokyo next year.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, Col_Frost said:

To be honest he is not. You're Canadian, he is Somalian with Canadian passport. But he was raised in Canada and probably training in Canada so he's "fruit from your garden" and that's fine with me.

as they wrote, he moved there when he was 11...he's been raised, educated, trained his entire life in Canada...how can people not consider him fully Canadian?

OK, his blood is not from there...probably his heart's still bleeding because he had to leave his native Land, but he must be considered Canadian at 100% in any case...

Edited by phelps

Just now, bestmen said:

She wouldn't win as she is not Canadian 

Looking at the countries of origin of most of the canadian athletes here i wouldn't be surprised if Canada tried to bought Chepkoech. Luckily she has enough pride to not switch nationalities for money.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.