website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, FancyFenchel said:

And they used the same suit for second jump, did they? Or does Takanashi and Iraschko-Stolz and Stroem and Opseth change them in between? Why once DSQ and once not?

It's so inconsistent. Probably worse than covid-tests.

@rafalgorka could be have a poll about who really deserved medal in mix-jumping? :yes

I have no information about the suits used for the 2nd jumps. However, it would be crazy if Takanashi and Iraschko would have used the same suit they got DQ'ed for:p But I would not exclude anything in this competition:lol: I really wonder whether Stroem and Opseth used the same suits as in round 1 where everything was okay. Maybe the tech delegate was too busy to check Althaus, Takanashi and Iraschko ;)

45 minutes ago, FancyFenchel said:

Sara Takanashis places at Olympics:

4th - Individual NH Sochi 2014

3rd - Individual NH Pyeongchang 2018

4th - Individual NH Beijing 2022

4th - Mixed Team NH Beijing 2022

I'm crying!

Sad Right In The Feels GIF

In years to come Sara Takanashi will be able to sit down with Elise Christie & have a few beers & an argument about who had worse luck at the Olympics.

On 2/6/2022 at 5:40 AM, hckošice said:

Guys, I also want to watch the Olympics and not lose my time with reading reported posts, especially so long ones :p

We have Ignore user option on Totallympics, try it, it makes life easier for you and for me as well ;)

IF mixed NOC team argumentation ever gets added to the Olympics, I have full faith that totallympians will sweep the podium :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, did not have :CAN medaling in ski jumping on my crazy hypothetical scenarios bingo card, so hats off to them :hatoff:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I am absolutely Shocked that there are People who were surprised by this farce. I already said it during the men’s competition (you can go back and check): The goal obviously was to somehow gift Russia a medal and now that this goal has been accomplished, I hope that we can go back to having the best athletes on the top of the podium. And of course the people who were responsible hopefully won’t ever be allowed to destroy a competition again.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

The chief women's controller for the event (Agnieszka Baczkowska) said that all DSQ were for too large suits and all of them exceeded the maximum stretch by over 1 cm so it was a big transgression. She also said she was surprised so many teams decided to bend the rules at the Olympics.

She also said they don't control the same things over & over again to avoid being predictable so athletes have to have everything right and don't second guess what parts of their apparel will "never" be checked or sth.

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

This was the funding situation for Ski Jumping  Canada vs the rest of the sports. I think a medal will definitely help!

qb20VYs.jpg

The real hope is that it will convince the Alberta, BC, Ontario and federal governments to renovate the Calgary Olympic park jumps, renovate Big Thunder and create smaller training jumps in Whistler. Having places in Canada where you can even do the sport, both recreationally and later at an elite level, is even more important than funding the national team.